Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hunnerbun_gw

Birthday Present!!!!!!

hunnerbun
17 years ago

Well hubby surprised me this past weekend with a trip to Winnipeg. My birthday was Sunday so we went down to shop and for a change of scenery.

I must say I shopped like the world was going to end but man I needed some new clothes. There is really only a Reitmans and WalMart here for shopping, so needless to say I went crazy in Winnipeg. Not just clothes shopping either, I brought back a pallet loaded with stones to build a retaining wall and 20 bags of bark mulch...happy birthday to me...LOL.

Anyway, the best gift was a total surprise...I thought the trip was the present, but it wasn't...hubby got me a new camera. I have been saying for a while that I want to learn photography so he got me .....a Canon EOS Rebel XT....Its a camera that I have been drooling over for a while now. I have a bunch of info sites bookmarked on my computer and everything. He didn't know that was the one I wanted, but Mr. Internet Researcher checked out a bunch of different stuff and this was the best one he thought. I am so excited. I have been snapping pictures of everything that moves...or doesn't move for that matter. He also bought me a 2 gig memory card for it, so I can go nuts.

The down side is that when we got home last night and tried to load the software on my computer we discovered that my cd drive isn't working, and I don't have a spare USB port for the cable to connect to. Looks like I need a bit of a computer upgrade for this thing!

So as soon as I get everything up and running, I'll have tons of pics to post.

Gonna have to start reading some tutorials on photoshop and other stuff!

Comments (7)