Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
reddscarlette

Sea Otter Cove Update

reddscarlette
17 years ago

Hello all,

I was asked by SeaOtter (aka Syreeta) to drop a line and let some of you know of her whereabouts.

She's been in the hospital since the (17th of Aug I do believe was the date)

Anyhoo....she's been in alot of pain due to her Endo. so now the docs have her on meds to get things under control. Hopefully she'll be out in 2-3 more days. I'm sure she'll explain more when she gets home.

We all wish her well :)

Nikki~

Comments (35)

• sierra_z2b
    17 years ago

Thanks for the update Nikki! I was wondering.......

Syreeta, wishing you a very speedy recovery and can't wait to see you dancing in the garden again. We'll talk more when you are home. :-)

Sierra

• Laurie_z3_MB
    17 years ago

Yes, thanks Nikki for letting us know.

Syreeta, do get well soon. We've missed you around here!
    Take care of yourself.

Hugs,
    Laurie

• Crazy_Gardener
    17 years ago

Dear Syreeta,

Thanks Nikki for the update.

Big hug,
    Sharon

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    17 years ago

Oh, Syreeta, you must be going crazy! :) Hope you get well soon so you can come back to your gardens!

Thanks, Nikki - it's good to have a friend to do this. I've often wondered how i would get word to my online friends if i ever couldn't get to a computer.

• reddscarlette
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I will be sure to give her your well wishes tomorrow when I go and visit her.

Today when I went there, I brought her an "arrangement" of Dahlias from my flower beds. She quite liked them.

My hubby thought it was a nice sentiment also...fresh flowers from the garden :)

I'll be sure to update tomorrow if I have more news.

Nikki~

• sazzyrose
    17 years ago

Get well soon Syreeta.
    Shelley

• northspruce
    17 years ago

Hope Syreeta's feeling better soon! Best wishes. Thanks for telling us Nikki.

• alalbertaz2b
    17 years ago

Cheers from Al in Alberta. Get well soon!!!!

• hunnerbun
    17 years ago

Hope you are doing better Syreeta.
    Thanks for the update.

• reddscarlette
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Well, so far she's still in the hospital. I didn't get to see her today or yesterday due to busy days.

They're trying to get her meds down to a "norm" so she can controle things at home instead of the hospital. (obviously she's still there or should would have posted by now)

She did say as soon as she can she'll post. I just keep passing messages along :)

Nikki~

• CrazyDaisy_68
    17 years ago

Syreeta, here's wishing you a speedy recovery and hope you feel better really soon.

Nikki, thanks for letting us know what's been going on.

Ang

• luv2gro
    17 years ago

Syreeta, I really hope your feeling better and on the mend. Take it easy and get better soon. Thanks, Nikki, for being our messenger.

Shauna

• reddscarlette
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Well, I went to see her tonight and she's HOPING Monday Aug. 28th they MIGHT let her out.

Just keep all your fingers, toes and flowers crossed. HOPEFULLY she'll be able to go home and rest (and eat real food!!)

Talk to you soon....

Nikki~

PS: all your wishes have been passed along to Syreeta :)

• SeaOtterCove
    17 years ago

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone. I am home now after spending two weeks in the hospital. I did lose weight due to the food there. Hmmm maybe I should go back? :)

Anyways, I have endometriosis which is where the lining of the uterus grows inside of the abdominal cavity. This is extremely painful and debilitating. Hence I haven't done much to my garden this year. They managed to get my pain fairly under control so that I can take pain meds at home now. Now I'm waiting for surgery on the 12th of September. Hopefully this helps the pain and I can back to normal. Until then I am on limited activity and have to do the bare minimum. That will be hard to do but I'm trying. I just got caught up on all my emails so now I'm going to be busy reading here to catch up. Plus I have lots of emails to respond to. All in due time.

Anyways I just wanted to let you know that I am back and I look forward to seeing everyones' pictures of their yards.

Syreeta

• Crazy_Gardener
    17 years ago

Welcome back Syreeta, 2 weeks in the hospital! Let me guess you ate all the 5 flavours of Jello ;)

I know all too well how the pain feels with endometriosis and fibroids, that was all taken care 2 years ago when I had a full hysterectomy, I feel so great and I'm so glad that I did it.

Best wishes on your upcoming surgery!

Sharon

• Laurie_z3_MB
    17 years ago

Welcome back Syreeta!

We sure have missed you around here. Good luck with your surgery on the 12th, I'll be thinking of ya! :0)

• SeaOtterCove
    17 years ago

Sharon,

I've been contemplating a hyst. but I've heard from several women that they are still in pain afterwards. Then they have problems getting drs. to believe that they still have endo afterwards. Plus we don't have kids yet, if that is possible. Glad to hear that it worked for you. I'm hoping my lap provides some relief otherwise I don't know what I'll do next. My GP was talking about cutting the nerves to my abdomen but I'm worried about what happens if something else goes wrong. Am I going to be able to feel it then? So many questions with no answers.

Syreeta

• hunnerbun
    17 years ago

OMG I feel like this is a support group! I also had a complete hyst 2 yrs ago at age 38 for the same reasons as both you Syreeta and Sharon. Just this past weekend I had an ultrasound because I have been having chronic pain in my lower left abdomen, way way down in the pelvis...but of course...they could see nothing. I think it is a reoccurance of the endo as a result of the hormones I am now on.
    Some days I feel like I am a basket case, and especially when I go to the doctor in pain but they can't tell me why... Being a female bites sometines, eh?
    My first surgery was a lap procedure, but once he got in there and looked around, they stopped because the endo was too bad to remove laproscopically. They then did an open surgery to try and remove it and laser the adhesions...that was good for a while but eventually it got so bad that the hyst was the last resort.

It is so frustrating being in pain but when they do something to see why, they find nothing!

• valleyrimgirl
    17 years ago

Glad to hear that you are home Syreeta.

I feel for you guys with all the pain you three have gone through. I had heard of the term, endometriosis, but knew nothing about it before now. What I don't understand is what causes it, why would it be painful and why is it impossible or so difficult to have children if you have endo?

I only know of one friend who has fibroids. They found hers when she was expecting. Otherwise they don't give her any pain. Hers is in the uterus but they seem to only bother her when she is pregnant. Then they grew and as the time came for her to deliver then they would move in the uterus and block the canel resulting in her having to get a C-section each time. She had 3 kids and the youngest is now 19.

Can fibroids be painful also?

Brenda

• Crazy_Gardener
    17 years ago

Of course Syreeta, if you're planning on having children I totally understand your personal decision. I was 43 when I had mine ;)

Hunner, although my procedure is so-called "total" hysterectomy, it isnÂt actually less total than it sounds because although they did take out my uterus and cervix, thank goodness they left my left ovary which was not infected, IÂm still getting hormones from that one so that I didnÂt have to go into instant menopause.

Brenda, oh yes, some fibroids can be severely painful, just depends how big they are and where theyÂre located and then there are some fibroids that do no harm. The most common complication for me was the heavy bleeding which lead to anemia. Apparently I had multi/tangled fibroids, the biggest was 10cm, ouch!

Endometriosis is puzzling, somehow, tissue cells from within the uterus travels outside the uterus and attaches itself to other surfaces, the ovaries for instance, or the bladder, but can implant in any number of places. For me it was all over, even in the back of my pelvis, my surgery was 4.5 hours to remove all that tissue out.

As for women who have endo who want to get pregnant, again it all depends on the severity. Endo can undermine fertility if delicate organs such as the fallopian tubes become damaged and welded together with scar tissue.

Sharon

17 years ago

Welocme back, Syreeta! Take care of yourself, okay? :)

I also had a hysterectomy a few years ago, mostly due to age and a few other "feminine" complications. Everything went okay, and i had little or no pain afterwards. I'm a tough old broad! LOL

• cailinriley
    17 years ago

Hi, Syreeta.

I'm so glad your pain is under control, for now. Don't overdo anything in the garden...it can wait.

I don't visit the Conversations forum often, so I'll take this opportunity to wish you the best of luck on the 12th. I'm also wishing you a speedy and complete recovery!!
    Doris

• xtreme_gardener
    17 years ago

Welcome back Syreeta! Wow, I've learned something new today. Always had questions about endo, but never took the time to research it.

Good luck on the 12th. Do you have to go to PG for that? Just think, with all the down time you'll have (well, theoretically should have) taking it easy, you'll be able to spend that much more time researching our endless gardening questions! Cool! :^)

Take care, Toots

• SeaOtterCove
    17 years ago

Thanks for the well wishes. I'll let everyone know how surgery goes. I am having it in Prince George Toots. I don't think I'll be doing much research the first few days as I'll be laying on my couch.

Michele, it sounds to me like your endo is back. Ultrasounds won't show it, the only way is to have a lap. That is one of my fears, that I'll have a hyst. and will still be in pain only then no one will believe me that it is the endo. How bad is your pain now? The 'good' endo doctors I've heard about in Canada are few and far between. None of them close enough for me to see.

Syreeta

• Laurie_z3_MB
    17 years ago

Syreeta, did you have your surgery on the 12th?
    Hope everything went well.

• SeaOtterCove
    17 years ago

Well I had my surgery on the 12th. They removed lots of endo which was all located on the right hand side down at the bottom. This is where I've had most of my pain coming from. Unfortunately I have been to emerge three times since then for morphine. I don't know if I had to go due to surgical pain or if I still have endo located there. I'm so hoping that it was just surgical pain. I won't know exactly how I am until 4-6 weeks afterwards. Then we'll know what we are dealing with pain wise. Keep your fingers crossed that my pain will decrease and I won't have to go to emerge any more or be on narcotics. Then I'll be able to garden again and not have some one else do it for me.

Syreeta

17 years ago

Good luck, Syreeta - hope everything turns out okay for you!

• sazzyrose
    17 years ago

Wishing you well Syreeta. Take care of yourself.

• Laurie_z3_MB
    17 years ago

My fingers are crossed for you Syreeta. Take good care of yourself.

• Crazy_Gardener
    17 years ago

Crossing my fingers for you girl, get well soon!

Sharon

• northspruce
    17 years ago

My heart goes out to anyone with chronic pain... hope it's cleared up for you Syreeta, and SOON!! Wish I could help you with your gardening.

• sierra_z2b
    17 years ago

I hope it has worked for you.... Keeping fingers crossed.

Sierra

• maggiemuffin360
    17 years ago

Syreeta,
    Hope all went well for you.
    Take care.
    Margaret

• CrazyDaisy_68
    17 years ago

Keeping fingers and toes crossed for ya. Hoping you feel better really soon.

Ang

• xtreme_gardener
    17 years ago

Hoping for the best, Syreeta. Take care.
    Toots :^)