Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Excessive Advertising on Here ?

Posted by nutsaboutflowers 2b/3a (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 17, 10 at 19:56

Is it just me, or is there all of a sudden an excessive amount of advertising on this forum?

I find it distracting, and I don't really care for having to be really careful where I put my cursor.....I don't want to accidentally open some crap advertising website =:(

I understand the need to have advertisers, but aren't we being bombarded??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Excessive Advertising on Here ?

Yeah, totally. I almost didn't come back this spring because of the unavoidable pop-ups. Also, the board is miserably antiquated compared to other message boards - but there isn't any other option dedicated to our zone so here we are. The other thing I could complain about is that the boards aren't moderated anymore so we get spammed - but for the same reason this thread will probably not get yanked like they used to in the past. Before we got a conversations forum, threads would get deleted for not being specifically about gardening. It was pretty ridiculous.

o

Use Firefox with the Adblock plugin.

o

Thanks Shazam ! I'll look into that Adblock.

o

I use Adblock too, but it still allows the popups that happen when I try to click a link. I don't know why Adblock/Firefox performs differently on different computers.

o

I got Adblock and the recommended free subscription and Voila! No advertising =:)

o

Add "NoScript" to adblock. Not only can you block the ads, but you can also block the inline advertisements.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here