Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sazzyrose

My daughter was flowergirl

sazzyrose
17 years ago

On Friday, my niece was married. Our youngest daughter Kenzie was flowergirl. It was a beautiful day, - a beautiful wedding. Some of the pictures were taken down by the river. This is one of them.

{{gwi:693384}}

Comments (8)

• Crazy_Gardener
    17 years ago

What a beautiful photo Shelley, you must be very proud of your lit' girl!

• Laurie_z3_MB
    17 years ago

Oh, I love those "unposed" shots! What a gorgeous picture! I'm glad the weather co-operated for the big day too.

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    17 years ago

Oh, how sweet! :) Aren't they just precious when they're flower girls? And she wore white too? What colour did the bridesmaids wear? When my daughter was a flower girl, i made her dress the same colour as the bridesmaids wore - a kind of shiny lavender.

• valleyrimgirl
    17 years ago

Beautiful! Your daughter looks just the right age to be a flowergirl. The weather looks great, nice and warm. Did your niece carry pink roses? Your daughter carried a basket? Can't exactly tell from the picture. Their hair coloring looks the same.

Last summer when my daughter was married the hairdresser asked if my niece (who was the flowergirl) was her daughter. The girls both had the same hair coloring and same shape of face. Guess that's what happens when their moms are sisters.

Brenda

• CrazyDaisy_68
    17 years ago

Gorgeous picture -- actually it almost looks like a painting! So pretty.

My daughter was flowergirl for my niece a few years ago and they totally look alike too!

Ang

• ian_bc_north
    17 years ago

So cute!

"Thank Heaven for Little Girls"

by Learner and Lowe for the film "Gigi"

Each time I see a little girl
    of 5 or 6 or 7
    I can't resist a joyous urge to smile and say,
    "thank heaven for little girls
    For little girls, get bigger, every day
    thank heaven for little girls
    they grow up in the most delightful way
    those little eyes so helpless and the appealing
    one day we will flash and send you crashing through the ceiling
    thank heaven for them all
    no matter where, no matter who
    without them, what would little boys do
    thank heaven, thank heaven, thank heaven for little girls

those little eyes, so helpless, and appealing
    one day will flash and send you crashing through the ceiling
    thank heaven for them all
    no matter where, no matter who
    without them, what would little boys do
    thank heaven,
    thank heaven,

Ian

• valleyrimgirl
    17 years ago

Ian, love the poem/song! I think I will save it and place it into my daughter's wedding album on the page where her and her flowergirl are sharing a special moment. Thanks!

Brenda

• sazzyrose
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Lovely poem Ian. It is so true.
    Thanks for all of the lovely comments. The picture is actually washed out from the sun. The bride and flowergirl dresses are not white, but not ivory either. The bridesmaid dresses were mint green and they carried light pink roses with white orchids. Kenzie did carry a basket that held pink rose petals which she threw as she walked into church.

I couldn't resist snaping this picture. Kenzie was getting tired of posing for pictures when Dawn (the bride) was trying to sidetrack her thoughts. I never did ask what they were talking about but I assumed it was about the flowers.
    I can't wait to see the photographers pictures.
    Shelley