Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sierra_z2b

Photo theme....Water

sierra_z2b
18 years ago

Okay so our photo theme this time will be "WATER"

Hmmmmm there are so many possiblilies with this one...

Great topic northspruce!

Comments (23)

• echoes_or
    18 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Watson Falls along the North Umpqua highway scenic tour...

{{gwi:694139}}

Is this what you meant for theme's and water???

• CrazyDaisy_68
    18 years ago

Great picture Echoes!

I put my pictures over in the gallery... I should have checked back here first!!!

Ang

• sierra_z2b
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Ohhhhh nice pics you two!!!

Ang....photographers sometimes feel like fools...LOL...but anything to get a pic haha. If you get a change talk to some photographers....they all have some hilarious stories about this.

We were by a lake one day and I decided I wanted to take splash pics.....but in order to get at splash level...I had to lay down in the rough gravel and have my camera set.....I got DH to drop the rocks right where I wanted them to splash.....We had people walk up from the other end of the lake to see what we were doing. LOL We got many stange looks...and one guy even asked what I was doing.....he felt rather silly when I told him...hahahahahaha..but I got the pic...haha

Well here are some pics that I took....including one of the splashes...

{{gwi:379151}}

{{gwi:694140}}

{{gwi:694141}}

{{gwi:694142}}

{{gwi:694143}}

Sierra

• sierra_z2b
    Original Author
    18 years ago

That should read if you get a chance talk to some photographers.....LOL!!!

• echoes_or
    18 years ago

Another of my favorites I took two summers ago.

{{gwi:694144}}

• GardenChicken
    18 years ago

Oooh! They're all so nice!

Love the B&W Sierra! Very artsy!

Echoes, the pansy looks surreal! Looks like you had to get real close to the ground for that shot - hmmm... what's the pebbly white stuff???

And Crazy D! Your macros are amazing! I especially like the first one.

Here are a couple of mine:

Gregg Lake near Wm. Switzer PP, AB

{{gwi:694145}}

and Bow Valley PP, AB - the natural hot springs

{{gwi:694146}}

This is fun!! Let's see a bunch more!

• cailinriley
    18 years ago

Wow. If I didn't recognize the names, I'd think I was in the Photography Forum. Wonderful photos!!!

• SeaOtterCove
    18 years ago

Great photos everyone. I don't have anything quite as nice but here are a couple of mine.

This is Cut Thumb Creek close to where I live. Great fishing spot in August.
    {{gwi:694147}}

This little guy isn't water but he should be in it. He was probably a km away from the nearest water source.
    {{gwi:694148}}

Syreeta

• echoes_or
    18 years ago

Wow, what great pictures. Love the B&W.... Garden Chicken, your second photo reminds me of some fabric I bought that drew me because of the underwater rocks..... Cut Thumb, I think it's hilarious what names are attached to roads, streams, mountains etc... Wouldn't you love to know the stories behind them. Obviously you can guess but what happened ya know...

{{gwi:693615}}

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    18 years ago

Syreeta, young beavers often "go walkabout". They're moving out of their home territory and finding new homes. We've had them come through here (i'll eventually post pictures of the beaver pond behind the house). I remember one in particular that just plowed through, head down, on his way to who knows where. Our dog was going nuts and i had to chase the dog and try to haul him back so he wouldn't tangle with the beaver!

• SeaOtterCove
    18 years ago

Thanks for the information Marcia about the beaver. I figured he was doing something like that. You would think they would be on the move earlier in the season though so that they can get a house built before winter. Or do they move in with another family and live in their house?

Syreeta

18 years ago

Room and board, maybe? LOL Who knows! Usually it's summer when they're on the move, though, so i don't know about this one. A late bloomer? Renegade? Time would be short for building a house now - there was a skiff of ice on our pond yesterday.

18 years ago

Here are a couple of pictures of the beaver pond behind the house. To get these pics, i acquired 5 lbs of clay mud on the bottom of my duck boots! LOL

{{gwi:694150}}

{{gwi:694152}}

This is the "waterfall" coming through the dam. Dh breaks the dam a bit to keep the water flowing.
    {{gwi:694154}}

There's a bit of ice around the edges now:
    {{gwi:694155}}

And here are some icy leaves in a tray. I really need to get all that cleaned up soon!
    {{gwi:694156}}

• GardenChicken
    18 years ago

Marcia, your efforts are appreciated! Thanks for braving the mud to bring us your 'water'. What I'd give to have that view in my back yard. Just wonderful!

Still water offers up some great reflections doesn't it!

~GC

• GardenChicken
    18 years ago

Just so no one misses out on these great water shots posted in the 'Gallery'...

Water

• hunnerbun
    18 years ago

I didn't realize how many photos of water I had until I started looking for a couple to post! It was ahrd to narrow it down to just a couple.

OK...here goes

Whale watching off Pleasant Bay in Cape Breton.
    {{gwi:694157}}

MaryAnn falls, Cape Breton Highlands National Park.
    {{gwi:694158}}

Now surely everyone recognizes these rocks....
    {{gwi:694159}}

• vrie
    18 years ago

OH NO you started off with my FAVORITE subject! I always have my camera and we tend to go for day hikes! I could post pics for hours on this! And I could look for hours at water scenery that you are posting! LOVELY!

As for funny stories, I'm much like you Sierra- except that my boyfriend WOULD NOT sit there doing that-- I'd have to enlist a younger child LOL! I have been known to sit at the edge of a lake or at the base of a waterfall for as long as the group would let me to get different lighting effects! I'll put one of those where no one let me stay any more and some where I left them at camp! I'll add some comments on the stupid things I did to get some of these! I find it funny now!

I just limited myself to a few files here, and didn't play with the pics at all-- I'm so proud of myself! I'm trying not to overload this thread, but I am kinda nuts about water pics!

Ok here are recent:

Here's memorial Falls outside of Monarch MT that I sat at the bottom of until a kid came back to get me!
    {{gwi:694160}}

Giant Springs, Great Falls, MT: documented in Lewis and Clark expedition with the world's shortest river (the Roe) leading to the Missouri
    {{gwi:694162}}
    {{gwi:694164}}

Wood Lake and the Bob Marshall Wilderness (several hours and days of different lighting and dust levels) as for the bridge, I'm terrified of falling and sat on that shaky wooden bridge until I got several photos.
    {{gwi:694166}}
    {{gwi:694167}}
    {{gwi:694168}}

{{gwi:694169}}
    {{gwi:694170}}

I must have taken 40 pictures of this frog!
    {{gwi:694171}}
    {{gwi:694173}}

I nearly froze to death near Monarch, MT again last winter, but it was pretty- more waiting for light!
    {{gwi:694174}}
    {{gwi:694176}}

And now for the stupidst photo of the day-- I was driving from Las Vegas to Montana in late May in a van with a trailer and 5 kids following a motor home and trailer when we went over Monida Pass-- my boyfriend was worried that I would be white knuckling the van, having lived in desert for 6 years but NO I'm taking pictures!
    {{gwi:694177}}
    {{gwi:694178}}

• kat3
    18 years ago

Great photos everyone... Here's the best I can do I took it this afternoon.. Just a bowl full of rotten sparrows..
    {{gwi:694179}}
    {{gwi:694181}}

18 years ago

Those are great, Kat! You combined two themes there, water and birds! LOL

• GardenChicken
    18 years ago

hunnerbun! Very cool! We were in Pleasant Bay on Oct. 12, had lunch at the Rusty Anchor - and the day before we had stopped at MaryAnn Falls! And of course we spent some time at Peggy's Cove. Too neat to see these pictures posted just after we got home from there. Thanks!

Vrie, I was going to say, that's one furry frog in the second frog shot, but then I spotted the real one, lol. Love the little star bursts in the water. I gotta tell you, those snow pictures really made me shutter!

kat, about the only time I don't mind seeing stinkin' sparrows is when they are bathing - they're just plain cute then! :)

• CrazyDaisy_68
    18 years ago

WOW! Very cool photography everyone!

Thanks for linking to the Gallery for me, GardenChicken.

• Laurie_z3_MB
    18 years ago

All these pictures are soooo impressive! They are just stunning.

Here's a few I took this past summer that were my favorites.
    {{gwi:694183}}

Pelicans fishing in front of the dam by Lockport, MB
    {{gwi:694186}}

West Blue Lake in Duck Mountains park in MB. This was the best lake for canoeing on as the water's crystal clear all the way down to the bottom at 18 meters.
    {{gwi:694187}}

• sierra_z2b
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Oh my......we do have a bunch of great photographers here.
    This is great!

Sierra

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting