Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alalbertaz2b

This is where I have been for the last month

alalbertaz2b
18 years ago

Hi all

I haven't posted much in the last month because I have been too busy with work. My day usually starts anywhere from 2:00a.m. to 4:a.m. and goes until 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. The pictures I am posting were taken in late October. I hope that you find them interesting.

This is a picture of a valley below where they were logging.

{{gwi:694543}}

Log Loader loading a truck

{{gwi:694546}}

This is my office. I am usually in it 10 to 15 hours a day

{{gwi:694549}}

These pictures were taken southwest of Whitecourt Alberta.

Cheers Al

Comments (10)

• Laurie_z3_MB
    18 years ago

Well, at least you have a nice corner office, with windows all around.......many people aspire to have an office like that!LOL Great scenery, thanks for posting those.

• CrazyDaisy_68
    18 years ago

Laurie, I was thinking the same thing about the corner office and windows all around! LOL

Yes, very interesting Al!

• sierra_z2b
    18 years ago

Nice view! Thanks for sharing your pics.

Sierra

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    18 years ago

Ahhhh, looks almost like home! :)

• ian_bc_north
    18 years ago

Hello Al that sort of country looks very familiar, only not so flat!

Here are some recent photos from work.
    I donÂt get the corner office with the windows all round. In fact I donÂt have any windows at all where I work.
    The only time I see daylight while at work at this time of year is when I go outside.

{{gwi:694553}} {{gwi:694556}} {{gwi:694559}} {{gwi:694561}} {{gwi:694562}}

Huckleberry Mine__View to the Whitesail Range__Snowy day in the mountains__Icicles on concentrate shed__Sunrise from Huckleberry Mine

• Laurie_z3_MB
    18 years ago

Ian, that pic of the sunrise is breath-taking! That one should be framed and hung on your wall.

• alalbertaz2b
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi Ian

Nice pictures! I see that you already have lots of snow. We started to get a little bit in the last couple of weeks but this weekend we are enjoying temperatures of plus 12. Any snow that we had is long gone and according to weather people it is going to stay this way for a few more days.

It is nice to see where other people on this forum work. It gives an idea of the type of jobs that we all have.

Cheers Al

• Crazy_Gardener
    18 years ago

Yes for sure very interesting to see where you guys work, I don't think you guys want to see what I do at work. I'm sure some of you would hurl your cookies ;) LOL

• GardenChicken
    18 years ago

Al, I'd take your office ANY DAY over mine. (Ok, I don't have an office - I fondly refer to it as my cell...)

• hunnerbun
    18 years ago

Well I work in a Day Spa and we are currently undergoing an expansion, so I have spent the last 3 days on a 15 foot tall ladder painting because everyone else is too chicken to go up that high!

Here I am cutting in the base coat....
    {{gwi:694564}}

And this is what the top coat looked like...(the pic is a bit fuzzy I was trying to not get glare off the paint)
    {{gwi:694566}}

We are supposed to be moving over on Dec 1, I hope everything will be ready by then. We spent yesterday painting around the HVAC guys. Plumbing is done, we are waiting next for the electricians to do their thing. Its a pain waiting for the subs to do their stuff!
    Kim had to open up a can of whoop ass on the HVAC dude yesterday because they said they woud be starting work at 9 AM and be there all day, so she called and rescheduled a couple of facials and body massages because they guys would be banging and hammering...well needless to say they weren't there by 11 AM so she was ticked off! And because they didn't get started until after lunch, (because they arrived with the pipes at 11:30 and by the time they got them unloaded it was time for their lunch break...imagine!)....they will have to come back today to finish.
    Gonna be a bit of hammering and banging in there today!

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012