Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alalbertaz2b

Craft sale items

alalbertaz2b
18 years ago

Hi all

This is a picture of how my table will look at my first craft sale that I have sold items in.

{{gwi:694577}}

We set it up at home on the kitchen table. Our table is a bit smaller than the one that we will use at the craft sale so our items are a bit cramped.

Cheers Al

Comments (13)

• Pudge 2b
    18 years ago

Very nice, Al! When is your first sale? Are you a little nervous? I was at my first craft sale. Good luck!

• alalbertaz2b
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi
    I forgot to mention that my sale is tomorrow (Saturday). I don't know if I am nervous but more apprehensious, as it is more the unknown.

Cheers Al

• CrazyDaisy_68
    18 years ago

Al, that looks very nice!

Wishing you all the best and I'm sure it will go over very well. Your items are very beautiful.

Ang

• northspruce
    18 years ago

Very nice Al! I especially like the jewellery box in the middle. Let us know how the sale goes, I'm sure people will love your work.

• sierra_z2b
    18 years ago

That looks very nice Al.

Here's hopin' all goes well with your first sale!

Sierra

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    18 years ago

I love the filigree shelves! Good luck on your sales, Al!

• SeaOtterCove
    18 years ago

Our craft fair is tomorrow as well, is that the one you are selling at? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it is as I really like the acorn shelf at the back. I would be surprised if you came home with anything at the end of the day, it all looks really nice. Good luck and have fun talking to everyone.

Syreeta

• GardenChicken
    18 years ago

Al, I REALLY like the jewelry(?) box in the center of the table. Simple with great lines. Very nice!
    What kind of wood do you use and what kind of finish do your pieces have on them?

Best of luck with your sales, I'm sure you'll do well.

~GC

• alalbertaz2b
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi Garden chicken
    The wood I use for the jewelery box was spruce and pine. The pine had a red stain in the wood so I put that on the outside of several pieces glued and stacked together to give the box some color. Then the box is cut out on a band saw. I then used a 50/50 mix of boiled linseed oil and paint thinner to highlight the grain. Then I applied three coats of lacquer for a final finish. Some of the other items are made from baltic birch plywood and finished with polyurethane. The acorn shelf is made from wood salvaged from pallets and I found several different kinds of unknown wood. I finished these with BLO mix and lacquer.

Cheers Al

• GardenChicken
    18 years ago

So Al??? How did the sale go???

• alalbertaz2b
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi all
    The sale went very well!! I enjoyed it alot. I talked to a lot of people which I enjoy anyway and my total sales were about $340.Some things that I thought would sell well didn't and others that I wasn't sure of sold very well and I will be making more of next year. The acorn wall shelf was one I thought would sell well but of the eight that I made only three went. I had $20.00 on them and I thought it was a fair price considering the amount of work that goes into one. I had several other shelves and of them I only sold 2 corner shelves.

The big sellers were some kleenex box covers and some clocks that I had made. I also had some single items that sold. The jewelery box sold before the sale opened and the lady was disappointed that I had only one. I will be making more of these next year.

I am now making plans for next year and if all goes well I may try for more that one sale.

Cheers Al

• Pudge 2b
    18 years ago

Good for you, Al.

Speaking from some experience here, you will probably find that the next sale you go to, the acorn shelves will sell like hotcakes and the kleenex box covers won't move. I always find that some items are hot one sale and not the next. Sometimes my sales are all big items, the next will be the small $10 items. It's hard - impossible - to predict. A good rule of thumb (I find) is just to have the variety available. (By the way, $20 for that acorn shelf is a steal!)

I also had a table at a craft sale yesterday and thankfully it turned out to be a great sale - so far this year sales have been slow and it can get a little frustrating. I'm trying to decide now if I should attend two more in December.

I also like the social aspect of the craft sales - getting to meet people in other towns is fun, and when in my home town (like yesterday) I chat all day long.

• hunnerbun
    18 years ago

Ohhhhh, I have a table reserved this Saturday at a craft sale here in town. I have a bunch of crocheted stuff, hats, scarves and mittens...also a couple of ponchos. Not too much stuff, but we'll see how it goes. I hope I am as lucky as everyone else and have way less stuff to cart home!
    That's why I haven't been around here too much...the pressure is on to get as much stuff made for the sale...I feel like I am working in a sweat shop...hey, wait a minute....I am a slavedriver! Good thing I am the only employee!

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living