Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sierra_z2b

Photo flower art.

sierra_z2b
18 years ago

It is snowing like crazy here today, so thought I would have some fun with flowers......haha.

{{gwi:694747}}

{{gwi:694749}}

{{gwi:694751}}

Can you tell what kind of flowers they are?

Have fun!

Sierra

Comments (13)

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    18 years ago

No! LOL

Actually, the bottom ones are impatiens, aren't they? So how do you do this?

• Laurie_z3_MB
    18 years ago

Ooh that is SOOO cool! How on earth do you do that???
    The top one looks like some sort of space vortex thing. Just amazing pictures Sierra!

• CrazyDaisy_68
    18 years ago

Very cool pictures Sierra! That last picture looks almost like nicotiana?

That must be some sort of Photoshop trick?? Very interesting effect.

• sierra_z2b
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I will post what kind of flowers they are tomorrow...just incase anyone else wants to play.

Hint.....pay close attention to the colors...and with 2 and 3 the edges..you can see the flowers.

I used a twirl filter...LOL.

Sierra

• Pudge 2b
    18 years ago

They are very nice. I'm gonna guess the first one is purple cone flower, and I also think the last is Nicotiana. The middle, hmm, maybe a fleabane?

• GeeFive
    18 years ago

When it is minus 25C you gotta love Photoshop

{{gwi:694754}}

• Pudge 2b
    18 years ago

OH NO!!! DH (geefive) found the FN forum! I guess I can't complain about him now, LOL.

These pics (Sierra's) remind me of those things we used to do at the exhibition (fair) - a piece of heavy white paper spun around very fast and you squirted paint on them while spinning - anyone remember those? Do they still have them?

• sierra_z2b
    Original Author
    18 years ago

eeeeewwwwwwwwww.......you have one deformed coneflower there...hahahahaha

Oh no Pudge....hope he doesn't go back and read all those posts.....eeekkksss...LOL!

Can't say I have heard of the paper spun things....Sounds like something to photograph on a long winters day..Oh and you can come and clean up the mess.....I'm lazy remember.

Sierra

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    18 years ago

Yes, number 3 looks more like nicotiana than impatiens. No idea about the other two, though.

Hey, geefive, my dh has no idea how to turn on a computer, so i can complain all i want! LOL

• SeaOtterCove
    18 years ago

For the first picture since you have a love of lilies I'm guessing a lily of some type. For the next two I'm guessing Ice Plants for picture number two and Nicotiana for picture number three. So how did we all do?

Syreeta

• sierra_z2b
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hey no fair Syreeta.....you know whats in my garden. LOL.

The answers are

1. purple coneflower with a spider on top
    2. annual ice plants
    3. nicotiana

Hee hee....

Sierra

• cailinriley
    18 years ago

Sierra, I love photos #1 and #3! The colours and "movement" are fantastic!

Pudge, I remember squirting ink onto a swirling paper at the Calgary Stampede. I haven't seen that booth for many years! It was fun, though.

• luv2gro
    18 years ago

OK, those of us that remember the twirling paint pictures are really showing our age. Oh to be a child of the '60s and '70s! You yungins' just don't know all of the fun things that you missed.

I just thought of a fun thread . . .

Do you remember (blank)?

BTW, I totally agreed with Syreeta on which flowers those were. I thought the top one might be a lily, too. And I had the bottom 2 correct.

Shauna