Pudge 2b
17 years ago

Just flying along, looking for some fun

{{gwi:694865}}

Hmm, this looks like a good place to stop

{{gwi:694867}}

Oh look, found myself a cuddle buddy

{{gwi:694869}}

BUT WAIT, what's that over there, that big bubbley looking orb in the distance. Let's take a peek. Why it's fresh as a spring morning in here.

{{gwi:694871}}

{{gwi:694872}}

{{gwi:694873}}

{{gwi:694874}}

{{gwi:694875}}

{{gwi:694877}}

{{gwi:694879}}

Let's just hang out in here...it's nice and warm, the sun is shining, and looks like there's some pina colada's getting poured over there under the willow tree.

So come on in, ladies and gentlemen. Bring your pets, your friends (even the imaginary ones) and your loved ones to cyber party in the bubble.

Comments (33)

• luv2gro
    17 years ago

Oh, Pudge, you couldn't have opened the bubble up on a better day. It's still -25 C here and I really need to come in someplace to warm up.

HAMISH!!!!! Drat, I lost him again. I'll be right there, gals . . . HAMISH!!! Come to think of it, I haven't seen him for awhile . . .

Shauna

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    17 years ago

I am SO there!!

• CrazyDaisy_68
    17 years ago

Ahhh... do you feel the heat in here? This is great! 8^)

• northspruce
    17 years ago

Ah there's the bubble! In the bubble, my 'Tinos' looks as good as Pudge's. Hah!

Somebody get me a daquiri. Snap snap. It is sweltering in here!

• Crazy_Gardener
    17 years ago

Is it hot in this bubble today, I would love a pina colada too! Make it a double Hamish and fan me with some those willows while your at it!

• Pudge 2b
    Original Author
    17 years ago

-25C? Not in the bubble! Snow? Not a chance, it's forever warm and sunny in the bubble.

Find your way to the bubble of denial
    come on in and stay a while
    There's no such thing as winter - yuck!
    No nasty wind nor temps that suck
    All things lovely, heaped in a pile
    In the Far North Garden Bubble of Denial

Welcome, one and all. Gillian, it's so nice to see your puppies getting along so well with my girlies - looks like Beau (my fave...can I have him?) is trying to chomp on my Mitsy's tail and she's thinking it's all quite fun. Nothing cuter than puppies frolicking on the lawn.

As an added bonus today, every plant from every gardening catalogue and nursery is on display. All seeds have been planted, germinated and have grown to fill a 1 gallon pot. (Afterall, we're lounging in the bubble and have no time for the nonsense of wintersowing!) All the research you need or ever will need is attached to the plant in a handy, indestructible pamphlet. All plants come with a never-wear-out-or-fade-or-break plant tag including latin and all common names. And best of all - THEY'RE FREE!!!

Now I don't know what happened to the 2005/06 bubble - seems that it's been popped. But I'm sure some of those visitors are still lurking about. I'm pretty sure I saw those adorable twins, Michael and Patrick, over near the zinnias.

Hmm, I see a tray of Belgian Chocolate being served, so excuse me a moment.

• luv2gro
    17 years ago

Well, how come our bubble from last year got popped? I can't find it, either.
    No one better try and pop this one. It is our salvation on these cold days. Great poetry, Pudge. Our very own bubble poem.

What a wonderful bubble. I'm loving exploring all of the tags and looking at everything in bloom. In our bubble, everything is always in bloom and stays that way. AND they are absolutely covered with blooms.

I'm going to hang out around the fragrant garden for a bit. I need to get refreshed with some lilies, stocks, lily of the valley, carnations and hyacinths.
    Hamish, make mine a double MaiTai, tall, with 2 cherries. And I'll take it over in the lounger by the fountain in the fragrant garden. Oh, and I want some of those Belgian chocolates, too. In the bubble, they help take the pounds off.

Maisy, bring little Maizie with you and we'll teach her how to fetch. I brought lots of lacrosse balls with me. Dogs can't rip them apart.

Shauna

• northspruce
    17 years ago

Hey! Who left all these dog toys all over the floor of the bubble? What kind of untidy bubble do you think this is? LOL. Yes Pudge of course you can have Beau, in the bubble he doesn't widdle on the floor or chew furniture.

Funny, with the weather always so warm, I wonder why all these plants have a Zone 2 rating? I would like to point out that I am starting plants from seed here because I enjoy it, but I notice there is no damping-off or fungus gnats. And Shauna if you're missing Hamish I sent him to scrub some pots for me.

I didn't think they would have popped our bubble from last year, we kept it pretty PG with our handsome visitors, didn't we? Maybe it just fell off the end.

17 years ago

No aphids in the bubble either! Absolutely none! Wonderful! I love how everything is thriving here - the roses! OH MY! It's wonderful how they are ALL highly scented here in the bubble, isn't it? Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... Let me just drag my chair over to the rose section. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - this is the life!

Pudge - great poetry! You are not only the owner and administrator of the bubble, but you are the POET LAUREATE!!

• Pudge 2b
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I love poetry - reading it more than my feeble attempts at writing it. Johnathon (a dapper English lad) is reading aloud in the fragrant garden...

Come, read to me some poem,
    Some simple and heartfelt lay,
    That shall soothe this restless feeling,
    And banish the thoughts of day.

(The Day is Done, Longfellow)

• zone_envy
    17 years ago

Hi Ladies! Aaaaahhhh, it's wonderful to be back in the bubble again. Pudge, you had time to do all this AND write a poem? Three cheers to the hostess!

By the way, sorry it took me so long to get here, but I couldn't very well show up until Liam finished my pedicure. He would have been done sooner, but he was doing a little research for me. I think we found something that might interest you all:)

Here is a link that might be useful: The place where it all began....

• Crazy_Gardener
    17 years ago

Last years bubble is still in the gallery ;)

Here is a link that might be useful: last years' bubble

• luv2gro
    17 years ago

OK, I searched the gallery with "bubble" and nothing came up except all of our postings about the bubble thread. Good sleuthing, you two.

Shauna

• sierra_z2b
    17 years ago

Well, I just popped in to your bubble of denial. Oooooo bad choice of words perhaps!?! I brought along
    Edwardo, he makes the best strawberry daquaries. If you ask nicely he may even make some for everyone.
    Now, I am going to take a nap over by the hostas, in the shade. Ohhhhh what a lovely garden and its sooooo quiet here!

Sierra

• luv2gro
    17 years ago

Edwardo, do you think you could make me a frozen pineapple daiquiri? I've only ever had one in my life, about 25+ years ago and I haven't found anyone since that makes them. It was sssssoooooooooooooo refreshing and tropical. Oh, look, the twins have made all of us a selection of cheesecakes. I'll have the triple chocolate with the fudge sauce on it, please . . . oh yes, some raspberries on top would be ever so nice. Thank you.

I love how I can't put on any weight in the bubble. And I have no pain and I can run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's go play ball, Maisy! C'mon, lil Maisie, get those little legs movin'.

Shauna

• Crazy_Gardener
    17 years ago

Hmmm, hmmmm, hmmmm, looking good Edwardo! Look girls he's pretty tanned and he's got a "6-pak"! I think you should hire him PUDGE, what da ya say, can we keep him ;)
    {{gwi:694881}}

I hate to ask you to do this Edwardo since you're sooo busy mixing us drinks.... but Maisy & lil' Maisie poo-pooed all over the badminton court, could you please scoop it up and please wash your hands after doing so.
    When your done, continue on mixing and serving our drinks ;)

Cindy, I'm so jealous of your feet! They're so pretty and look a butterfly just landed on them!
    {{gwi:694884}}

Ok, who want a game of badminton, looks like Edwardo is done his job?

Sharon (aka Bubbly Queen Latifah)

• Pudge 2b
    Original Author
    17 years ago

The problem with the bubble is those times you have to slip out of it and tolerate reality. But, no matter, I've made my way back in, so much nicer in here.

{{gwi:694886}}

Cindy, so glad you and your pretty feet made your way into the bubble. Liam certainly does a wonderful pedicure. I'm next!!! Heaven knows my pudgy little toes can use some work.

Sierra, thanks for bringing Edwardo and yes, Sharon, of course we'll keep him. He is rather easy on the eyes now, isn't he. Sometimes those stray puppies turn out to be just the best!

So let's see what's going on in the bubble....

There's Shauna, pineapple daiquiri in one hand, cheesecake in the other. Hamish made her a flower necklace and wants her to recline near the roses and enjoy a massage but Shauna wants to play a game of tag instead. Why poor Hamish is just positively smitten - just look at his eyes watching her every move. Oh my, hmm, yes, that was definitely a tag...

Sierra and Sharon enjoying a chat on the rope swings over by the babbling brook. Edwardo is dividing his attention among them but I think Michael is getting a little jealous. He's had eyes for Sharon for quite some time now. Ah, that's nice. He's taking some of that cheesecake over to her now. Oh, and another daiquiri. Edwardo is showing off just a little, hefting some of those large boulders over his head. Hooooo-eeee, getting hot in here, ladies.

And Ang, now darn it, where on earth did she go. I heard her saying she was going to look for Cindy's hiding place from last year. Good thing Ricardo has come back into the bubble - I'll send him to go look for her.

Marcia, now doesn't she look peaceful lounging near the roses. How nice that roses grow with such vigor in the bubble. The dimpled Patrick has just picked a million rose petals and is sprinkling them all over her. Oh, another daiquiri for Marcia - I think she's about to pinch those dimples a bit.

Cindy and Gillian are enjoying the hot tub and oh, look. Benny and Juleo have arrived and fetching them whatever their hearts desire. Ah, lots of chocolate going their way, oh, and more daiquiris. Ohhh, those girls - Benny and Juleo just don't have a chance - yep, there they go, into the hot tub, too. (Cindy's words, what happens in the bubble, stays in the bubble).

The puppies are all having a snooze and all the older dogs have circled around to protect the little munchkins. Daisy appears to be enjoying the help. Timmy, the professional dog groomer and his helpers are giving each of them a nice, long brushing and nail trimming. They're getting pampered, too.

Friends gather at the garden gate, so I shall sit over there with my double Bailey's on ice and wait for the rest of the visitors. Liam just told me he's ready to give me that pedicure now.

{{gwi:694887}}

• verenap
    17 years ago

Ooohh Edwardo...Be a dear and mix me one of those pineapple daquiries too, will you.

So glad I found all of you here...the bubble is just looking sooo...well muscled...this year! Speaking of muscles...I brought Carlos with me...he gives the BEST massages.

Oh! Group photo!!

{{gwi:694888}}

Sorry ladies...there was only room for a picture of the boys this time...We'll get another one with all of us later! (I need to eat some cheesecake first...it helps to take those pesky pounds off...)

It's a rough life here in the bubble, but it's time for my daily massage..."Carlos!...over there by the stream, please...I find the sound so refreshing" You're all welcome to borrow him when I'm done...he really is good.

• Pudge 2b
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Oh yeah, they are most definitely bubble material.

Welcome Verena, glad you found your way to the bubble. Enjoy your massage and later, Chef Pierre will be doing a wonderful steak and lobster spread (with garlic butter for dipping).

• luv2gro
    17 years ago

Now that kind of eye candy will make the winter pass a whole lot quicker.

Pudge, you must tell us what the poolman is putting into the pool, to mask the smell of the chlorine. It is absolutely devine. I can't decide if it smells like hyacinths or paperwhites but it is so beautiful and my skin is so soft and smooth. It even took away the calloused heels. And the temperature is perfect. I feel like an absolute water nymph.

Shauna

• hunnerbun
    17 years ago

Ahhhh...the bubble...NICE!
    I am only here for a second though...hiding out from the pee/poop machine of a puppy we are housebreaking. I should bring him in here to be "magically" transformed into a housebroken puppy!

Blah...off to the real world...work calls..bills must be paid....wait...but I don't want to go....

• CrazyDaisy_68
    17 years ago

I've been off exploring:

{{gwi:694889}}

It's so beautiful and peaceful there!

Oh yes, Richardo, I could sure use a nice Pina Colada and another round for everyone else!

ahh, yes, why would we ever leave this bubble?

• sierra_z2b
    17 years ago

Oh my, a swim with the dolphins, what a wonderful idea! Think I'll do that right now....

Sierra...gotta dash again...wishing I could just stay in the bubble, with you all.

• sierra_z2b
    17 years ago

Hmmmm, whats going on in the bubble.....its pretty quiet in here......is everyone sleeping?

Sierra

• northspruce
    17 years ago

Zzzzzzz.. huh? Oh you woke me up Sierra! Good thing too because my daylily order just arrived by mail and the bed for them is already dug right where I wanted it. Thanks Juan! ;0)

• sierra_z2b
    17 years ago

Hmmm do you think Juan will enlarge a couple of these flower beds over here.....definately need more planting room for the orders I just placed. Now what was I thinking.....oh yes, hide in the bubble and no one will notice the new plants on their way. hee hee.

• Pudge 2b
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Oh, I have been an inconsiderable bubble host, haven't I. Did I really snooze over there by the fence for six weeks? Oh well, time stands still in the bubble so I guess it was really just a little catnap.

Okay, I'm energized now and enjoying the bubbly-boy eye candy roaming about. My pudgy toes have been transformed, I've had my fill of cheesecake and chocolate and am ready for a soak in the hot tub. But I understand Ang has had a bit of a transformation after that dolphin swim - hmm, yes she's resurfaced....but, oh my, what's happened here?

{{gwi:694890}}

• northspruce
    17 years ago

LOL! Before I read your post I thought 'geez that mermaid looks like Ang..."

Ang, darlin, if I may be so blunt... your tail is garish.

• Crazy_Gardener
    17 years ago

Ohh, la, la, looks like you got some tail Pudge! ;)

• Crazy_Gardener
    17 years ago

Oops, I guess Ang got the tail! LOL

17 years ago

Okay, i need a bubble right about now! And i want chocolate and cheesecake in the bubble too, please! I've been dieting and denying myself, so i'm in serious need of chocolate - for medicinal purposes only, of course.

And while i'm lounging by the pool, Nikolas, please will you get on the laptop and do the town newsletter for me? Sorry it's such a big one this month, but you can handle it, honey. :)

• CrazyDaisy_68
    17 years ago

LOL WOW

LOL

How on earth did I ever miss this!!!!?????

Transformation is right!

Pudge, that is hillarious!

Gil, yeah it is a little garish, but ya know a girl's just gotta have lots of colour ya know!

What's even funnier is that my youngest DD wants a mermaid cake for her birthday.... and I was just looking up "mermaid cakes" for inspiration!!!!

Ang
    coming back after a long swim away!

17 years ago

There are no colds in the bubble either, are there? So i'm not coughing and i don't feel rotten. Good. I'm glad of that! LOL

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County