Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Something i've been wanting to tell you all....

Posted by marciaz3 Tropical3/NWOnt (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 25, 06 at 11:02

Dh and i found out a couple of months ago that we are going to be "actual" grandparents (our present little grandguy is not really ours - he's the son of a girl our son lived with for a couple of years, but we love him as if he's our own). Anyway, this same son has a new girlfriend and they're expecting at the end of June next year. :) Since she already has two kids, she told Eddie that she only wanted one more (he says she didn't read the fine print, though!), so we've been teasing her that it's going to be twins. She hasn't been able to get in to see a doctor yet - our wonderful medical system - but has an appointment in the middle of January, so we'll hear all the details then. So far, the date is a guess, and i think they want to find out if it's a boy or girl, so maybe we'll know that then as well. I'll keep you posted.

(I really want it to be a little girl!)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Something i've been wanting to tell you all....

• Posted by pudge 2/3 Sask (My Page) on
    Mon, Dec 25, 06 at 12:11

Well congratulations, Gramma! That's wonderful news.

o

Congratulations Marcia. I've got news too. I'm going to be a grandma again as well. My oldest son and his girlfriend are expecting in July.
Devon is a little blue though because he had to work this Christmas.
Anyone else with exciting news?
Shelley

o

Congratulations to you too, Shelley! I'm sure we'll be swapping grandbaby pics along with pictures of roses! LOL

o

Congratulations to both Marcia and Shelley. That is really great news.

Syreeta

o
RE: Great news

Congratulations to both Marcia and Shelley. That is really great news.

Syreeta

o

Wow that is exciting! Looking forward to updates...

o

Congratulations Marcia and Shelley, what great Christmas news!

o

What terrific news for both of you! Congratulations. Looking forward to seeing the baby pics added to our family album on the gallery.

Shauna

o

I'd love to post pictures of the new edition to the family this summer. It will be easy I hope, because I ordered a new computer the other day. Dell phoned my house to let me know about their boxing day sale. I was looking for a new one (because my USB ports have died on my existing one) and decided not to pass up on the deal.

Devon will be home for Christmas tomorrow and then I will get to see his girlfriends growing tummy. I'm getting excited.

He would have been home already, but some gas station in AB put diesel in his truck instead of gas. Four hrs and $350 later, he was able to start travelling again. Where are some peoples heads?

Shelley

o

Congratulations Marcia and Shelley! Just think of what fun next Christmas will be for you both with new little ones around.

Shelley, good thing it wasn't gas in a diesel engine.........that's a MUCH bigger dilema!

o

Congratulations Marcia! That's fantastic news!

o

Congrats to Shelley too! (... it's still early a.m. on New Years Day ... and sure does help to read through the posts! LOL)

o

I became a grandma for the second time last Sunday (a boy to go with our daughter's little girl), and found out Christmas day that our son and his fiancee are expecting a baby in August. Being grandparents is such fun...Congratulations everyone!

o

And congratulations to you too!

A bit of an update - Sandy's due date is June 17th. The doctor hears only one heartbeat. :) I think she had a big sigh of relief when she heard that! LOL

o

How many booties can you knit by then Marcia? LOL

o

I don't know what i'm going to do - she's already been buying litte outfits! I did give her a gift bag full of baby things for Christmas, making sure that i added some Toronto Maple Leaf socks (Eddie's a Montreal fan, the traitor...). I have a blanket made and i also have a little dress that was supposed to be a gift for someone else and never quite made it. Since she will be a summer baby, she won't need much in the line of sweaters and blankets.

I'm going to ask Mike if he'll attempt making a change table for them. We have a crib that he made and a cradle that a friend made, so they'll have that. I can fix up sheets and things and maybe my mother-in-law will do a little quilt.

Still waiting for her to have the ultrasound to find out for sure that it's a girl - the ring on a chain said it was! :)

o

Last weekend I got to see pictures of the newest addition to be. I'm thinking , a boy. We'll see if I'm right.
Marcia, I guess we'll be gramdma's together. Jacquelines due date is June 19th. I'm getting excited.
Shelley

o

We'll have to start a pool, Shelley! LOL I'm getting excited too! The ultrasound is next week, so i'll let you all know what the results are then. I hope i haven't jinxed it with all this wishing for a girl!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here