{{gwi:700016}}
    SOLANUM atropurpureum

{{gwi:700017}}
    Schizanthus Dr. Badger's

Sharon

• northspruce
    17 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Very nice Sharon! That Schizanthus sure is pretty... and thanks for the full plant shot of Sanguisorba, I could only find the flowers on a Google search. I'm going to WS the seeds you sent me next.

Here are mine...
    Daylily 'Summer Wine'
    {{gwi:700018}}

'Strutter's Ball'
    {{gwi:700019}}

Snapdragons
    {{gwi:700020}}

'Sexy Rexy' - a nice rose, lots and lots of small-ish flowers but no smell
    {{gwi:700021}}

'Sunsprite' - perfect in every way except the rose shatters in one day... and it's a floribunda so of questionable hardiness.
    {{gwi:700022}}

Salvia 'St. John's Fire'
    {{gwi:700023}}

Sweet Woodruff (Galium odoratum)
    {{gwi:290553}}

• Crazy_Gardener
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Gil, 'Sexy Rexy' is gorgeous! I hope you brought that rose to your new home ;)

• i_heart_flowers
    17 years ago

SSSSSSSo pretty!!

Just a couple again....

Trailing Snapdragons
    {{gwi:700025}}

Sempervium
    {{gwi:700027}}

• Laurie_z3_MB
    17 years ago

Sharon, inspiring pics as usual.....I love 'em!

Yes, Gillian I sure hope that Sexy Rexy went to your new house with you, and I'm terribly jealous of your huge patch of sweet woodruff. I've tried 3 times to get some going but they just end up dwindling in size. How much light/moisture do yours get?

I heart flowers, what a great close up of the semp flowers. They really are very pretty once you get down to their level. ;^)

I'll throw some more S's in here.

'Sarasota' campanula
    {{gwi:700029}}

'Splendens' heuchera
    {{gwi:697493}}

'Scentimental'
    {{gwi:700030}}

'Summer Wine' daylily
    {{gwi:700031}}

'Something Else' lily
    {{gwi:700032}}

'Suncrest' LA lily
    {{gwi:700033}}

'Smouthi' peony
    {{gwi:700034}}

Solomon's Seal
    {{gwi:700036}}

'Snowstorm' spirea with 'Stella D'oro' daylily beside it just thinking of blooming ;^)
    {{gwi:700038}}

Laurie

• northspruce
    17 years ago

IHF, what a pretty container mix! Laurie, great pics, still love that Something Else... let me know when you find out what it's really called. LOL just kidding ;0)

I sure did take Sexy Rexy with me, but alas I left the Woodruff. It was growing under a NK cherry and didn't get any direct sun. The soil there was very clayey and wet. It's not quite invasive but a steady grower in all directions, that clump was I think 4 years old. I plan to get some more. You don't know how badly I want to sneak into my old yard at night with a shovel. I didn't just say that did I? LOL

• Laurie_z3_MB
    17 years ago

Hmmm, maybe it's the moisture that my woodruff was lacking when I had it in full shade. I moved it last summer thinking that maybe it needed more sun. I hope it makes it through the winter now, and maybe I'll have to find a shadier, wetter spot for it this year. Thanks.

• savona
    17 years ago

Sharon fantastic assortment of bloomers! Gil I love the sexy rexy and I believe the sunsprite is hardier then what a person thinks, a friend here has one that suckers all over the place in a neglected spot. I heart flowers your trailing snapdragons are lovely. Laurie your scentimental rose is beautiful.
    Adding my summer wine day lily to the mix..lol
    {{gwi:697559}}
    Shasta daisies
    {{gwi:700041}}
    salpiglossis
    {{gwi:700043}}
    {{gwi:700045}}
    sunflowers
    {{gwi:700047}}
    {{gwi:700049}}
    savona

• plantaddict487
    17 years ago

Here is my favorite iris that starts with an 's'. It is Tall Bearded Starship Enterprise. The first modern TB to sruvive in my main garden although I'm pretty sure it won't bloom next year if it survives. It took 4 years and cost $25 when I bought it as a newer introduction. It was worth the wait.

Enjoy!

BJ in SW MB

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:699993}}

• canadian_rose
    17 years ago

Savona - I had no idea there are sunflower varities like that!!! Totally wonderful!

Carol

• valleyrimgirl
    17 years ago

There are so many things that start with "S" it was hard to narrow it down to only a few. I have mixed flower pictures in with other 'S' pictures. So, here are a few S's for you to see.

This is the first lungwort to bloom in my yard each spring...the 'Smokey Blue' Lungwort.

{{gwi:700051}}

Each year there is a huge 'Spider' that makes her home in the corner of the house. She would be about an inch across in size. Huge! Kind of neat to watch.

{{gwi:700053}}

I paint on plexiglass and make these 'Stained glass' pictures. I open my home each Monday in the wintertime for ladies in the area to come and make their own also.

{{gwi:690917}}

The 'Snow-in-summer' is so large and beautiful in the landscaping.

{{gwi:700063}}

'Silver mound' is another perennial that I like in the landscaping.

{{gwi:700064}}

I have to throw this one in...it is of my two 'Sons' who were home from university and for something to do decided to build a 'Snow' ramp and go 'Snowboarding' behind the 'Skidoo' in our yard on Christmas Eve 2006.

{{gwi:700067}}

Each year I make homemade 'Spaghetti Sauce'.

{{gwi:690919}}

One of my favorite lilies...'Sorbet'. Laurie has already posted my most favorite lily...Something else.

{{gwi:700068}}

The little 'Snowman' and penguin pavers are another craft that the ladies who come over in the winter can do while here at my place. They are a nice addition to decorating the front step or fireplace in the winter.

{{gwi:690915}}

This daylily, 'Siloam Plum Tree' was one of the first Siloam's I bought. I now have many more but this one I really like because of its deep deep purple coloring.

{{gwi:700089}}

This is another Siloam...'Siloam Merle Kent' Daylily.

{{gwi:700090}}

One of my favorite irises is the 'Stitch Witch' Iris. It is an SDB and the stitching around the falls and standards really show up nicely.

{{gwi:700091}}

Last fall I brought into the office the 'Swedish ivy' that I had growing outside all summer. It is still absolutely gorgeous and HUGE.

{{gwi:700092}}

'Sparks Fly' Iris has deep red and pink colorings.

{{gwi:700093}}

'Strawberries' are a favorite around here. These I picked from the garden last June and I sold them the next day at the local farmer's market. Each black garden plastic tray holds one ice cream pail of strawberries. They work great to keep the berries from getting squished. Wouldn't a fresh strawberry right now be wonderful??

{{gwi:700094}}

This variety of 'Spiderwort' is tradescantia x zwansberg blue.

{{gwi:700099}}

The 'Sunsets' in Manitoba can be so colorful.

{{gwi:700101}}

This 'Siberian' Iris is called 'Skywing's Light'.

{{gwi:700104}}

Notice the 'Snow' on the 'Sign' that I painted and placed in the flowerbed.

{{gwi:690921}}

'Snow Queen' Siberian Iris.

{{gwi:700107}}

Brenda

Sponsored
HEMAX Construction Services & Landscaping, LLC
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Landscape Contractors Servicing VA