Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hello to Everybody on the Far North Forum

Posted by maryv_montreal (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 12, 08 at 2:19

Hi Everybody on the Far North Forum,

It has been quite some time since I've had a chance to post as my schedule has been exhausting and I've spent most of the last 18 months working 7 days a week.

I've had a chance to read some of the threads on the forum and I want to congratulate all of the moms and grandmothers with new additions. In October, my daughter had her first child, Peter - I've attached a picture of him. Although I feel I'm too 'young' to be a grandmother, I am really enjoying my visits with him. My daughter and her husband live about an hour from us in Ottawa (we are about 10 km from the Ontario border in Quebec).

I can see that everybody is still busy with wintersowing. I have had great success with this method and I find that most of the seeds (especially perennials) germinate very well with this method - thanks to Sharon and Marcia for teaching me all about it.

I will try to post a little more often - I've missed my GardenWeb friends.

Marilena

Image link: Hello to Everybody on the Far North Forum (32 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hello to Everybody on the Far North Forum

Long time no hear Marileana, good to see you back.

Your lit' Peter is sure a sweetie, congratulations!

I have a few days off next week, I'd better get started on my wintersowing too.

Hope to see you around the FN forum more often ;)
Sharon

o

Congratulations Marileana! He's got the most beautiful eyes!

Yup, pretty much everyone here is itching for spring to come.....March can be a very tediously loooong month.:(

o

Hi Marilena, welcome back! Peter's such a handsome little guy! He's just one month older than my Elizabeth.

o

Hi everybody,

Thanks for the compliments on my grandson Peter. My daughter really loves dressing him up and he looks like a little man with all the outfits she buys him.

He's a really big baby and at 5 months he weighs 19 pounds and is the height of a 1 year old. My daughter is 5'11" and her husband is 6'2" so I guess this explains it.

He's such a good baby and I have never heard him cry.

o

Oh, he is a sweetheart with those big blue eyes! Just wait - Darius is 9 months old now and so much fun! Being a grandma is great. I'm finding that i enjoy Darius in a way i didn't have the time to enjoy my own kids, which is a little sad. But that's the way it is, i guess. But hey, crawling around after a baby is a lot of fun! And hearing her say "Bye-bye" and seeing her point to a baby in a book - there are just no words! :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here