Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A summer of Sundays

Posted by marciaz3 Tropical3/NWOnt (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 11, 07 at 22:29

For some reason, ive gotten into the habit of taking my garden pictures on Sunday. Early on last year, i started taking the same shot of my front bed every week. Heres the progression:

April
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

May

June

July

August

Obviously i fell down on the job by the end of the summer! But its interesting to see how things changed in a season. :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A summer of Sundays

What a great idea Marcia! It's hard to picture the progression of our gardens unless you take pictures like that. I will definitely try to remember to do that this year. I'm really amazed at how well your petunias on the stairs did in one week from July 6 to the 12. Must of been when those steriods kicked in!LOL

o

You know, Laurie, that's what struck me too - how fast those petunias grew! LOL And did you notice that they morphed into geraniums by the next week? Amazing, eh? Actually, i had been waiting for a new plant pole that someone made for me that holds five baskets and that's where the petunias went to that week.

Another thing i notice is that there's still a lot of lawn there....

o

Good idea, Marcia.

I like the idea of taking a picture each week of the flowerbed. It sure shows how much the plants grow and which ones flower each month.

Brenda

o

Uhhh I always forget to look over here. This is a very good idea Marcia, I just don't know if I would remember to take the pics each week. Hmmmm maybe I'll try it this year. Maybe we should do this as a group to remind each other.

Sierra

o

Great reminder of how fast things go once that snow is melted! 8^) Gotta love that!

I took a picture of our front yard on March 1st (with +/- 2-3ft of snow) and plan to take one on April 1st (fingers crossed that all the 100% snow will be gone by then!). Definately a great idea to do it once a week!

o

grrrr.... we need an "edit" button... it should say "fingers crossed that all the snow will be 100% gone by then!" LOL it must be Friday!

o

Wonderful idea Macia!....thanks for sharing it with us!
Your yard looks lovely! Wow...allot of flowers!
It looks like you have allot of trees.....birding paradise!
Konrad

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here