Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crazy_gardener

Greenhouse Photos

Crazy_Gardener
16 years ago

Let's see your GH photos ;)

{{gwi:704767}}
These seedlings were taken out to the gh today.

I have 190 daylily seedlings this year! Yikes!

This is just one side, the other side will be filled in no time with in the next month ;)

Sharon

Comments (9)

• Laurie_z3_MB
    16 years ago

Looking good Sharon! You're going to be one busy lady planting all those daylilies. Have you seen any green on any of your daylily seedlings you planted out last year?

Sorry, no big greenhouses here.....mine's the kind with coasters on the bottom!lol

• Crazy_Gardener
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I know and these are just the seedlings, I have plant orders yet to come in too!

No, I don't see done of my DL's sprouting yet. I have them covered with straw still. I'll let you know though.

• savona
    16 years ago

OH WOW Sharon..it will be better then christmas when those day lily seedlings get big enough to bloom!
    I am officially out of room now in my GH..but happy day I have some room left under the lights inside..lol..savona
    {{gwi:704771}}
    {{gwi:704774}}
    {{gwi:704777}}
    {{gwi:704778}}
    {{gwi:704781}}
    {{gwi:704782}}

• Crazy_Gardener
    Original Author
    16 years ago

OMG, your GH looks like a nursery! Look at those Dahlias!

• Crazy_Gardener
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I just finished bringing in trays and trays of seedlings from the greenhouse, especially all those Daylily seedlings that I started from seed!

Yesterday I turned the heater on plus covered the plants with layers of sheets. Well holy s****, the digital thermometer said -8C, at least there was no frost! Right now they are all warm sitting on plastic sheets in the living room, they look perky but they sure didn't look happy when I opened that door to check on them this morning. I did leave the root/bulb plants in there and covered them up good since those are pretty hardy.

It looks like this cold front is going to linger for awhile yet!!!

Sharon

• debbie_z2
    16 years ago

geez Sharon...after all that work lugging them out to the greenhouse in the first place! But as you say, this cold is going to stick around awhile:(
    I will say I'm very envious of both yours and Savona's greenhouses!! (and all the plant material in them! HA) Wish I had one....sniff sniff
    Debbie

• CrazyDaisy_68
    16 years ago

WOW those are some impressive GH's there!

So sorry you had to drag everything back in Sharon... that's totally lousy.

I am green with envy at all the green you have growing there!

And to think I still haven't started anything this year yet. That may mean that I may have to plan a trip to Hole's at some point! LOL

• Crazy_Gardener
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks for your pity gals ;)

Since now I hear its suppose to get down to -15C on Wednesday night, DH and I brought the rest of the plants indoors. He also went out and bought me an A&W Burger to make me feel better. ;)

All the plants that were in the GH look ok, thank goodness!

Sharon

• savona
    16 years ago

OH man that sucks Sharon! I did a whack of belly aching a couple years ago when I had to pack a bunch of flats of seedlings back into the house from the GH in March when they called for a cold spell. After waiting 10 days it never happened..so everything had to be packed back out there.I am glad to hear everything seemed to make it through their cold night.I hope we can look back as this being the wacky spring that only happens once in several decades..savona