Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
valleyrimgirl

Plants & Misc that start with 'W' 2008 Photos

valleyrimgirl
14 years ago

Here are some Ws from spring 2008 to the winter of 2009.

Here is the inside of a Winery we stopped at in California when we were on holidays in Feb 2009. Of course, they wanted you to taste test all kinds of their wines. As we were on a schedule and I didnÂt feel like driving the rest of the day, we opted to not do any taste testing. Besides, all the wine I saw for taste testing was red wine. I dislike red wine.

{{gwi:705667}}

W is for Wedding. Here is my cousinÂs wedding this winter.

{{gwi:705671}}

Western Bacchal Bleeding Heart I purchased at McFaydens years and years ago but just realized last summer that I had never taken a picture of it before. So, here it is...

{{gwi:705675}}

White Clustered Campanula. I just got this two summers ago and it bloomed in a tiny little patch last summer. Does anyone know if I am to find that the white clustered is an invasive as the purple one? I hope not, as the purple one is being 99% removed this spring.

{{gwi:705679}}

Warsaw Nike Clematis

{{gwi:705683}}

A White Columbine of which I have no specific name for. It comes up every year but has never spread to be a large columbine clump or self seeded for me.

{{gwi:705686}}

Wind Frills Daylily

{{gwi:705689}}

Wineberry Candy Daylily, the real one, field grown..... not tissue cultured.

{{gwi:705692}}

Here is a tissue cultured Wineberry Candy Daylily beside a field grown one. Look at the difference in coloring and how twisted and malformed the petals are on the tissue cultured one.

{{gwi:705696}}

Whirlwind Hosta has really twisted leaves.

{{gwi:705699}}

Wide Brim Hosta has really filled out in the past few years.

{{gwi:705703}}

What Again Iris is one of my favorite SDB irises.

{{gwi:705707}}

Wildcat Pajamas Iris, SDB bloomed for its first time last summer.

{{gwi:705711}}

Windrose Iris, SDB

{{gwi:705715}}

Wizard of Hope Iris, SDB

{{gwi:705719}}

Wine Pixie Lily

{{gwi:705723}}

Winnipeg Parks Rose is one of my favorite roses so it is planted close to the front walkway.

{{gwi:705726}}

Wendy SempervivumÂs flowers

{{gwi:705730}}

Westerlin Sempervivum

{{gwi:705734}}

Wooly Veronica has nice grey foliage that contrasts with the purple spikes of flowers that rise above it.

{{gwi:705737}}

Brenda

Comment (1)

• Laurie_z3_MB
    13 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Awesome pictures Brenda!!