Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sazzyrose

Daylilies June 2008

sazzyrose
15 years ago

One has opened and I'm seeing lots of scapes. What a little rain and heat will do.

Flava

Shelley

Comments (28)

• vrie
    15 years ago

Almost there- I can see color on some of my scapes but I only have the rust-orange one variety. I still can't wait, as they bloom a long time- I even have scapes in my north foundation bed! Summer at last!

• Crazy_Gardener
    15 years ago

INDIAN GIVER - started to bloom about a week ago, but the first blooms were distorted from some insect.

Sharon

• debbie_z2
    15 years ago

I'm so glad I got Indian Giver this year, but didn't realise it bloomed so early...which is great:)
    My Little Grapette lost alot of buds and has bloomed once, but it was badly scarred, has many more to come that look good. Stella has been blooming here too and I see scapes coming on alot of my new daylilies!! (I'm excited:)
    Deb

• Laurie_z3_MB
    15 years ago

Sharon, I've always admired your Indian Giver....gonna have to work out a trade with you some year for a piece of it.;0)

H. species Dumortieri, is always the first to bloom in my yard.

I've only got scapes coming on Stella and Prairie Blossoms so far. It's so frustrating not seeing any scapes on so many daylilies....sure hope they decide to come soon!

• valleyrimgirl
    15 years ago

My Flava Major is in full bloom right now and Stella opened her first bloom today.

I have scapes but no flowers yet on Pixie Parasol, Siloam June Bug, Destined to See, Yellow Bouquet, Black-Eyed Stella and about 40 scapes on my H. species Dumortieri. I think it is about time to divide the Dumortieri again!

I can hardly wait for the daylilies to bloom!

Brenda

• sazzyrose
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Bonanza

Thanks Brenda.

Shelley

• debbie_z2
    15 years ago

I really like H. species Dumortieri. Is it quite tall?
    I can't get a good pic of Little Grapette , by the time I take a pic, it is faded.

and my first bloom of Twist of Lemon - new this year!

Deb

• Laurie_z3_MB
    15 years ago

Little Grapette is really cute, Deb! Dumortieri scapes are about 3' tall.

• sazzyrose
    Original Author
    15 years ago

One of my new ones.

Roses in Snow

And last years. It has been blooming for a bit, but the flowers haven't opened nice in the cool weather.

Moonlit Masquerade

Shelley

• sazzyrose
    Original Author
    15 years ago

A few more blooms...

Carolyn Lorrain

Magic Fingers...with huge blooms.

Shelley

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    15 years ago

Finally!

Silent Sentry:

• Laurie_z3_MB
    15 years ago

Oh Shelley, you made my day posting such a beautiful picture of Roses in Snow!! Mine doesn't have a scape on it this year, but now I know it'll be worth the wait!

Well, here is the first ever flower for 'Royal Braid'....only took 3 years!

• sazzyrose
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I've looked at Royal Braid many times. I love it.
    Another shot of Roses in Snow for you Laurie. This one was taken in sun.

Dominic

Some pictures from today. The flowers are a bit beaten up. We had hail last night.

Lavender Blue Baby

First Knight

Pasture of Pleasure

Shelley

• Laurie_z3_MB
    15 years ago

It sure looks like Roses in Snow holds its colour well in the sun, Shelley. Looks awesome! I also love the black in Dominic.....oh, they're all gorgeous!:0)

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    15 years ago

I can't wait for my First Knight to bloom! Trouble is, i'm not sure which of two daylilies in the back garden it is, and only one has a scape! Guess time will tell. Sure is beautiful, though!

• northspruce
    15 years ago

I waited 4 years to see this one bloom: Fuchsia Dream

Dancing Shiva

And Jerusalem isn't a double but it has polyed, it's huge!

• redpeony
    15 years ago

This is the first year blooming for me. It is hard to get the color right, but here is an attempt at it anyways!

Bright Sunset

• northspruce
    15 years ago

I know what you mean Janet, my camera doesn't do oranges and corals sometimes either. Nice one though!

More poly action on 'Gillian':

'Bonanza'

'Always Afternoon'

'Strutters Ball'

And a very pink looking 'Matt' this time

• sazzyrose
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Gillian, I like Fuchsia Dream. The color is awesome.
    Your name sake isn't bad either.

Stolen Treasure

Swirling Waters

Shelley

• Laurie_z3_MB
    15 years ago

This thread sure does add a lot to my "wish" list....it's getting longer by the day!lol

I was away for the weekend and came back to lots of new blooms.

Beautiful Edgings

Blueberry Muffin

Buttercup Parade

Ed Murray

Eggplant Escapade

First Knight

Malaysian Monarch

Quest of Dreams

And finally, the daylily that I looked high and low for, Forestlake Ragamuffin.

It's got lots of gold edging on those teeth. I love it!

• northspruce
    15 years ago

Ooh those teeth are so cool Laurie! Like that one! Quest of Dreams is beautiful too. Weren't you worried that you had a TC of that one? Or maybe that was someone else. Don't remember.

• Laurie_z3_MB
    15 years ago

Gillian, I was questioning if it was really Quest of Dreams or not, because Brenda and I shared a double fan of it, and her blooms last year looked different than mine. Hers has flowered already this year and it's settled in and she says now looks just like mine, and after an internet search, it looks the same as what the hybridizer has posted pics of. So I think I can safely say that it really IS Quest of Dreams, and I really do like it too!:0)

• sazzyrose
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I have Quest of Dreams on my want list Laurie.
    A few new ones.

Blueberry Breakfast

Lake Norman Spider

Lemon Fringed Pastel.

Fuschia Cockatoo

Ivory Edges

Wild Horses

And more to come

Shelley

• Laurie_z3_MB
    15 years ago

Love the teeth on Lemon Fringed Pastel! And Ivory Edges and Wild Horses are on the "Need" list now too....

Must go now and dry off the keyboard from all the drool.LOL

• north53 Z2b MB
    15 years ago

Where am I going to find room for more perennials? These pictures are so enticing and I know they look even better than the pictures show. I am particularly smitten with Eggplant Escapade!
    Here's my one and only daylily purchase this year. I tacked it on my hosta order. I was surprised to see it form a scape, since it didn't have much of a root system when it arrived.
    The flower is large.

Firestorm

• sazzyrose
    Original Author
    15 years ago

A few from this morning.

Banned in Boston

Border Lord

Hillbilly Heart

Bela Lugosi

Shelley

• Laurie_z3_MB
    15 years ago

That's not fair! My Hillbilly Heart didn't send up a scape this year :( But yours is really lovely!!

• verenap
    15 years ago

Wow!!! Now I know why DH has been keeping me away from town and off the computer...Have I ever got a wish list!!! Absolutely gorgeous. Hope you've all been having a great summer.

Verena
    (Back in AB for a couple days.)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!