Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crazy_gardener

Garden Pics- Week of July 22

Crazy_Gardener
16 years ago

Datura metel Double Purple

Salpiglossis sinuate Royale Mix

Salpiglossis sinuate Yellow - thanks Marcia for the seed, I just love this annual!

Have a great week everyone in your gardens!

Sharon

Here is a link that might be useful: Week of July 22 Photos

Comments (11)

• northspruce
    16 years ago

Sob, I want MY daturas to do that! For some reason they're just sitting there about 5" high and not blooming. Your salpiglossuses are very pretty too Sharon!

Most of my garden seems to fall into a "category" thread lately but here's some misc. stuff:

Some poopies
    {{gwi:702014}}

Jacob's Ladder (polemonium) - I love how these smell!
    {{gwi:698962}}

"Pink" Nigella... very pale pink. Some are pretty much white.
    {{gwi:695966}}

• Laurie_z3_MB
    16 years ago

Oh very nice, Sharon and Gillian!!

I seem to have a white theme going here.....

Asclepias 'Milk Maid'

Dianthis 'Snowdonia White'
    {{gwi:714071}}

My single white datura's blooming, but my double purple will also be blooming any day. I had to wipe the condensation off of the camera lens to even take this picture last evening....boy was it MUGGY!!

Black eyed Susan vine and gazanias are always such happy flowers.:0)

Laurie

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    16 years ago

I missed last week - just never got the time to upload some pics. And most of mine are categories too. Laurie, i love your gazania! Haven't gotten a picture of mine yet. Love your white flowers too - making notes! :)

Gil, i'll have to go out and give my polemonium a sniff. I've never noticed a scent.

Sharon, i don't think i got any salpiglossis planted this year. Either that or it never grew. The linaria that was in the same spot reseeded throughout the bed but i haven't found any salpiglossis.

Here's some malva blooming with one of many bird-planted sunflowers:

Here's a picture of my new lily bed, completed a few days ago. Many of the lilies i got this spring were planted in other beds, but these last 10 were planted here. One isn't in the picture - it's over on the far left and out of the picture. Oh no - in the preview, it's there, just on the edge. Forget which one it is.

And here's the lythrum with verbascum blooming beside it.

• CrazyDaisy_68
    16 years ago

Ahhhh... great gardens everyone. Wonderful vibrant colour!

I haven't been in the mood to snap pics this week. Heading to Ontario for a funeral [BIL/cancer] so maybe next week again... But seeing all this great colour sure does help to cheer a person up.

Ang

• Laurie_z3_MB
    16 years ago

That's so sad Ang. You have my sympathies.

Hugs,
    Laurie

• sazzyrose
    16 years ago

So sorry to here Ang. My thoughts are with you.

Blooms from my yard.
    I am really happy with the Clarkia that I planted. I will be buying seeds of this again.

Dianthus-Ideal Select White Fire. I have a couple different ones out of the mix. This is one of the showiest Dianthus I have.

Gazinia

Carrot Top Flowers. There are so cool. I honestly didn't know that they bloomed in their second year.

Some of my favorite flowers-Princess lilies.

Zavina

Sara

Oxanna

Julietta

Stephanie

Shelley

• Laurie_z3_MB
    16 years ago

Shelley, your alstromeria are looking lovely!

I've got my first glad blooming tonight.

• Laurie_z3_MB
    16 years ago

This is my first ever Masterwort. It's 'Roma' and I can hardly wait to see it when it gets bigger. Thanks Brenda!
    {{gwi:701071}}

I was able to piece of this white clustered bellflower from another garden club member last week. It was stunning in a large clump. It caught everyone's eye from the tour. It's apparently not as invasive as the blue one....I hope.

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    16 years ago

That's pretty, Laurie! Will you save me some seeds? I really like the masterwort as well. So far, i haven't had any luck with plants or seeds. Someday!

• Laurie_z3_MB
    16 years ago

If it does set seed, I'll sure save you some Marcia. I suppose it'll depend on how stressed it was being moved in this heat.

• savona
    16 years ago

Sharon I love the yellow salpiglossis..this year I didnt get any in the mix instead I got some "ugly" ones..they look like watered down chocolat milk with a dash of mustard..ewww
    {{gwi:714103}}
    Veronica spicata "blue"
    {{gwi:714106}}
    prairie sun rudbeckia
    {{gwi:714109}}
    california poppies
    {{gwi:714111}}

{{gwi:714113}}
    Polareis first bloom..bought this one new this year from Cedar Hollow rose farm..

savona

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz