Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
White lilies

Posted by valleyrimgirl 2b (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 30, 06 at 9:21

As to the discussion...Lilies Part 2, Shelley was asking about clean white lilies.

These are the white lilies I have. All of them are large enough that I could divide them. I will put the size and where I received them from behind the name.

New Wave... 15" upfacing lily from the Lily Nook.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Navonna... 3' upfacing lily from the Lily Nook.

Blizzard... 3' lily from friends who hybridize lilies. Picture was taken in the shade. This lily is a pure white lily.

Now, to white lilies with spots...

Sterling Star...3' upfacing lily from friends who hybridize lilies. This is a lily that people love. I have divided this one and sold it at my perennial sale in the spring and people come back later and comment on how much they like this one. People seem to love the maroon spots on this lily.

Royal Lace...LA, 3' lily from the Lily Nook. Kind of an ivory white with a few spots.

Avalanche...3' upfacing lily from the Lily Nook. I love the black pencil edge on this one and the few spots inside it.

Antarctica...3' upfacing lily from the Lily Nook. This one has no spots and is a creamy white with lime green nectaries.

Pastel A & C...I must explain this one. My son, when in Junior Gardeners Club back in 1998 recieved a gift certificate from GardenImport. He chose a pastel mixture of lilies from them. When we received them I labelled them Pastel A, B and C. So...this is Pastel A & C. It stands 3' tall and has a few dark brown spots in it.

The last lily that I have downloaded this morning is Jubileo. It is a white upfacing lily with a yellow flush in the middle and has a few peppery spots in the center. It stands 3' tall and I got it originally at the Lily Nook.

Hope you all enjoyed my white lilies. Let's see yours.

Brenda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: White lilies

LA 'Royal Dream' is also a very clean white one.

And for orientals, you can't beat 'Casablanca'. If you have room for it in a south-facing bed, it should come up fine.

Brenda, I think what I've been calling Antarctica is actually Avalanche, because it's got more spots and some flowers have that black edge. Will have to change the name tag on it ;^)

Laurie

o

Oooohhhhhhhh white lilies are my favorite!!!!
Thanks for posting these Brenda and Laurie.

I have several white lilies and am always adding more.LOL.

Sierra

o

I like them all too. I'm partial to New Wave and and Sterling Star.
Dang I can't wait until my lilies really get going so I can really do some trading.
Thanks for posting this girls.
Shelley

o

When I am dividing this fall...maybe I will just have to send them to you, Shelley and you will just 'owe' me an exchange later. Email me and we'll work something out.

Brenda

o

Brenda,

How about an exchange with me as well? I have other lilies as well you might be interested.

o

Oh, you guys!!!!

Email me and I will send you an invite to look in Futurephoto at my albums where I transfer my pictures in and sort all the pictures. You can choose your wish list from there okay? It is much easier than printing out my list of plants from my yard.

Shelley, look for your invite.

Venuscat, I will need your email address to do so.

Brenda

o

Brenda,

You got mail!

venuscat

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here