Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marciaz3

Week of June 26, 2011

Persicaria:

I love how this grows so huge every summer!

Marie Bugnet:

Siberian Iris (i can't remember its name):

Lilac season is never long enough:

Comments (9)

• savona
    12 years ago

I really like your pink lilac Marcia and your siberian iris is lovely too. I am having the best siberian iris year, I guess they have loved our temps and moisture this year.
    Caeser's brother siberian iris

Pink Playmate daylily

Flava daylily

verbascum Copper Rose

seedling from blue tower columbines

extreme dahlia from seed

Jean

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Mmmm, that verbascum is pretty, but i'm not even tempted! LOL I'm still digging out seedlings!

I started some dahlia tubers and they've really done nothing since i planted them. :-/

• savona
    12 years ago

The Copper Rose verbascum wa suppose to be an annual verbascum but the plants have made it several years now. So far I havent had any problem with them reseeding themselves. I do have them in an area that they are confined in. That is my only blooming dahlia. I have buds on another one but they are slow this year.

• Laurie_z3_MB
    12 years ago

Yes, that Persicaria definitely has the "wow" factor doesn't it?!!

Great pictures of the Siberians too! I didn't have any blooms from mine this year, so next year will be spectacular...right?? Got my fingers crossed anyway.lol

The extreme dahlia is really cute, Jean. How big is the flower?

• north53 Z2b MB
    12 years ago

I just talked my sister into buying a persicaria. She has a huge yard. Do you have any suggestions for her as far as what it needs to be at its best? The label said zone 4, but I'm hoping that's wrong.

• Laurie_z3_MB
    12 years ago

I had a persicaria when I lived out of town, so that would be a zone 2b or 2a depending on which map you look at.;) It was on the west side of a shed and was doing very well for only being in it's second year. Marcia's is much bigger and showier so she's obviously doing something right there!
    Yeah I think I remember the label saying zone 4 when I bought it too...good thing it couldn't read.

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hmmm, to tell you the truth, i'm not sure where mine came from - that was a few years ago, you know! LOL It's in a bed that faces east and gets sun most of the day, but the backside of it is really shaded. I don't give it any special attention or do anything out of the ordinary, so i can't help you there!

• savona
    12 years ago

Laurie the blooms on that dahlia are only 4-5 inches across.

• northspruce
    12 years ago

I'm loving the different Verbascums (that aren't V. nigrum like I have). Are they also a large plant, and are they also horribly seedy? I like everything about mine except how seedy it is.

Sponsored
Fineline Deck Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Women Owned Construction Company Specializing in High Quality Decks