Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Week of June 26, 2011

Posted by marciaz3 Tropical3/NWOnt (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 4, 11 at 12:18

Persicaria:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I love how this grows so huge every summer!

Marie Bugnet:

Siberian Iris (i can't remember its name):

Lilac season is never long enough:

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Week of June 26, 2011

• Posted by savona z2bBCCanada (My Page) on
    Wed, Jul 6, 11 at 15:22

I really like your pink lilac Marcia and your siberian iris is lovely too. I am having the best siberian iris year, I guess they have loved our temps and moisture this year.
Caeser's brother siberian iris
Photobucket
Pink Playmate daylily
Photobucket
Flava daylily
Photobucket
verbascum Copper Rose
Photobucket
seedling from blue tower columbines
Photobucket
extreme dahlia from seed
Photobucket
Jean

o

Mmmm, that verbascum is pretty, but i'm not even tempted! LOL I'm still digging out seedlings!

I started some dahlia tubers and they've really done nothing since i planted them. :-/

o

Thu, Jul 7, 11 at 10:58

The Copper Rose verbascum wa suppose to be an annual verbascum but the plants have made it several years now. So far I havent had any problem with them reseeding themselves. I do have them in an area that they are confined in. That is my only blooming dahlia. I have buds on another one but they are slow this year.

o

Yes, that Persicaria definitely has the "wow" factor doesn't it?!!

Great pictures of the Siberians too! I didn't have any blooms from mine this year, so next year will be spectacular...right?? Got my fingers crossed anyway.lol

The extreme dahlia is really cute, Jean. How big is the flower?

o

I just talked my sister into buying a persicaria. She has a huge yard. Do you have any suggestions for her as far as what it needs to be at its best? The label said zone 4, but I'm hoping that's wrong.

o

I had a persicaria when I lived out of town, so that would be a zone 2b or 2a depending on which map you look at.;) It was on the west side of a shed and was doing very well for only being in it's second year. Marcia's is much bigger and showier so she's obviously doing something right there!
Yeah I think I remember the label saying zone 4 when I bought it too...good thing it couldn't read.

o

Hmmm, to tell you the truth, i'm not sure where mine came from - that was a few years ago, you know! LOL It's in a bed that faces east and gets sun most of the day, but the backside of it is really shaded. I don't give it any special attention or do anything out of the ordinary, so i can't help you there!

o

Tue, Jul 12, 11 at 15:15

Laurie the blooms on that dahlia are only 4-5 inches across.

o

I'm loving the different Verbascums (that aren't V. nigrum like I have). Are they also a large plant, and are they also horribly seedy? I like everything about mine except how seedy it is.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here