Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Week of July 3, 2011

Posted by marciaz3 Tropical3/NWOnt (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 4, 11 at 13:42

Karl Forester and Festiva Maxima - LOTS of blooms this year!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Hansa and what's supposed to be Shirley Temple but looks more like Festiva Maxima. :(

Hawkeye Belle:

Martin Frobisher:

Marie Bugnet:

Henry Kelsey:

Another iris that might be Moon Silk:

Yellow lupines:

Persicaria:

The wild rose by our deck. Every few years, it's just spectacular:

Some heuchera, malva and bleeding hearts:

Apologies for the size of a couple of these, but TinyPic wasn't cooperating today!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Week of July 3, 2011

• Posted by savona z2bBCCanada (My Page) on
    Wed, Jul 6, 11 at 15:31

Wow..love the eye candy! This time of year is so wonderful
Sarah Bernhardt peony
Photobucket
Bowl of Beauty peony
Photobucket
noid pink peony

Photobucket
2nd noid pink peony
Photobucket
mixed flowers..bowl of beauty peony, flavecens iris, coral pink poppy and erythronium
Photobucket

o

Erythronium - i've never seen that before, but it sure is nice! THIS tempts me! Is it easy to grow from seed?

I do need a Bowl of Beauty peony! That is gorgeous!

o

• Posted by savona z2bBCCanada (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 7, 11 at 10:50

This is the best year for my erythronium. I have tried to find out which ones they are and havent found a name for them. They were given to me from a friend who go them from a friend etc. They are bulbs like a lily bulb and next month I could dig some up and send to you. I have 2 large patches of them.

o

Oh, don't worry about it, Jean - the postage would be way too much. I'll see if i can find some seeds next winter. Thanks, though!

o

Oh such beautiful pictures!! Marcia, I love your pic of Hawkeye Belle! How's she doing for you? That's one of the roses I really miss not having here.:(

Savona, your peonies are amazing! Love the one of Bowl of Beauty.

o

Laurie, she's doing great, better every year. I'm really glad people here recommended her to me!

o

That's great Marcia! Do you cover it at all for winter? Any die back? I think I remember mine always dieing way back every year and I'd panic that she was dead, but she eventually came up. I started out with two, but one didn't make it through the first winter.:(

o

I do cover it - the old cardboard box filled with leaves thing. :) She does suffer some dieback but rebounds really well. I put a picture in this week's thread.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here