Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marciaz3

Garden pics - the past couple of weeks

We missed a week! I'll just combine the two, then. :)

These are typical pictures from last week:

But when the sun came out, here's Venidium 'Zulu Prince':

and Scabiosa macedonia:

This week. Achillea m. 'Angelique':

Oenothera lamarkiana:

Osteospermum 'Sky and Ice':

Comments (10)

• Laurie_z3_MB
    15 years ago

Very pretty Marcia! Love your "water garden" in the third picture.;0) I took a few pictures earlier this evening and then the batteries went dead, so they'll have to charge before I can finish taking pictures. Last week was a gardening write off for me, as last weekend I ended up with food poisoning and that knocked me down for a few days, and then the rest of the week I was at my sister's helping her out with her new baby girl. So I finally have a niece on my side of the family and I'm thrilled! So this week is back to gardening, and I had a group of "Red Hat" ladies tour this afternoon, and now I have to get the yard ready for a competition that someone convinced me into entering.....so there's lots of weeding, weeding and more weeding!lol

• valleyrimgirl
    15 years ago

Yep, I am that someone!!

Brenda

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    Original Author
    15 years ago

LOL Brenda, you're the first person i thought of when i read Laurie's post!

I wish there were more tours around here. Our garden tour this weekend consisted of one garden because of varying and sundry reasons. I told them they could come to my yard but it was pouring rain by the time we finished looking at the scheduled garden (and i forgot my camera!)

• Laurie_z3_MB
    15 years ago

I wasn't going to mention any names......lol! Oh well, my boys have entered their garden into the kids competition, so I thought I may as well throw my hat into the ring as well.

Well, here's a few pics from my yard.

The Mock Orange has been smelling heavenly the last week or so, and I like the combo with the delphiniums.

The Goat's Beard has been doing a fine job at camouflaging the unfinished deck.:)

And here's my latest project, which just has a few holes here and there to fill in yet.

Here's some closer shots of the island semp beds I made. (In the top left had corner of this first picture, you can see a scape on one of my daylily seedlings from last year!)

It's amazing how little room you need for those semps.....I could easily fit in a couple dozen more.;0)

• north53 Z2b MB
    15 years ago

I'm surprised to see your Goats Beard still looking so beautiful. What a lovely specimen! My plumes have all been pruned off as they all turned brown. Should they have lasted longer?

Original Author
    15 years ago

I can't wait for mine to look like that!

• Laurie_z3_MB
    15 years ago

The plumes on mine are starting now to turn brownish. That picture was taken a couple of days ago, so was still looking good. We've had lots of rain, and cooler weather here, so maybe that helps to keep them blooming for a longer period? That plant is about 10 years old too, so I imagine it's got roots going down to China!lol

• north53 Z2b MB
    15 years ago

Laurie, You're probably right about the rain being the reason. We've had the cool weather, but until recently not so much rain, especially earlier in June.
    Whatever the reason, it's a great perennial.

• CrazyDaisy_68
    15 years ago

Marcia, I love that venidium! Makes me wish I had grown them this year again.

Laurie, I love your semp gardens. Very nice.

Original Author
    15 years ago

The reason i grew that Venidium was because of people's pictures from last summer! LOL

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County