Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crazy_gardener

You & Your Family Pics

Crazy_Gardener
17 years ago

I thought it was about time we have this album, afterall some of us have been chatting for some time now and I feel that you're all part of my family now ;)

{{gwi:719345}}
This is the Crazy_Gardener, me ;)

{{gwi:719347}}
This is the Ol'Man

and these are our hairy children...

Maisy

Cletis

Would love to see you and your family too!

Sharon

Comments (44)

• Laurie_z3_MB
    17 years ago

Well, it's great to finally put a face to the name Sharon!
    My picture has already been posted before, but here's a family pic that was taken a couple of years ago. I should probably get another family picture done soon, so that we're at least up to date.

Laurie

• northspruce
    17 years ago

Awww there you girls are! Sharon you look so much like I imagined you. Laurie I already knew what you looked like. :0)

Well nobody takes pics of me anymore so this is from my wedding (duh) and there was no dirt or scrapes on me for once.

• Laurie_z3_MB
    17 years ago

Gorgeous wedding dress Gillian! You look stunning!

Ack! It just occured to me that you could have seen my old high school yearbook!!!(She typed while grimacing!!lol)

Actually Sharon, I used to work with a gal named Sharon who is about our age who is blonde, so I somehow had you pictured in my head as a blonde! At least now I'll have the right picture in my head..........unless you're planning to pick up a bottle of bleach sometime soon, that is ;^)

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    17 years ago

I pictured you with shorter hair, Sharon - don't know why. Where'd you get that awesome tan? Same place i did? LOL

Gil, you posted a pic of your shoulder, i think, when you got married. :) Nice to see the other side!

Laurie, cute pic - it looks as if one son looks like you and the other like dh!

You've seen me in my infamous housecoat and there are no other recent ones since i'm usually behind the camera. Here are the kids, taken last Christmas. Allison, Angela (Eddie's ex), Eddie, Adam and Dave (Allison's bf).

This is one of the best ones i have of Mike. Bonus - it also includes our dog, Red! LOL I love this picture and had it enlarged and mounted on a board thingy for him:

I always think that we'll get pictures taken at Christmas but never remember when the time comes. :)

• Crazy_Gardener
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Laurie what a lovely happy family you have there, I too can see how much one boy looks like you and the other looks like your DH.
    Me as a Blonde, LOL, that would be so hilarious!

Marcia, the tan comes from being outside all the time, as well I have some Native blood in me ;)
    What a beautiful peaceful photo of your hubby, heÂs probably meditating how much he loves you in that photo. Well, just for keepsakes, I think you should post your housecoat photo, just so that we have it on file, LOL ;)

Gil, well by golly, you sure do look much prettier than your back shoulder. Ahhh to be young again and beautiful!

Keep those photos coming in gang, its always nice to put a face to your GW name.

Sharon

• Laurie_z3_MB
    17 years ago

It's funny how those genes work. Dh and I laugh that we each have a "mini-me"!lol

Marcia, that pic of your DH should be on the cover of a fishing magazine. I'm sure that's a dream of many men.......a fishing pole, a dog and a cup of coffee. Put some Bailey's in the coffee as well, and that would be my DH dream vacation ;^)

17 years ago

Mike isn't into Bailey's, but if it was a can of Lucky Lager, he'd be in fisherman's heaven! :) Sharon, i think he's contemplating a nice walleye or two for supper! LOL As for the housecoat - fuggedaboudit! :>

• CrazyDaisy_68
    17 years ago

Hi everyone! LOL This is a really neat idea.

Sharon, you are exactly as I pictured you!

Laurie, nice looking family. I had to laugh at your "mini-me" comment because DH & I say the same thing (but he's got one mini-me and I guess I get three??? LOL)

Gil, you sure made a gorgeous bride! I remember that picture of your shoulder as well.

Marcia, very nice picture of your DH. Very relaxed and peaceful.

Well, here goes! These are my kiddos and this is pretty much where we've been all summer... or hiding in our cool basement!

and this is me! My 10 year old actually got a picture of me this winter. Ditto what Marcia said about usually being the one behind the camera. Too true.

And here is DH, Rick. How come there are billions of pictures of the kids and so few of the parents???? LOL I cropped this out a bigger picture!

Ang

• Crazy_Gardener
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Ahhh, Ang, my dear cyber friend, is that you! What a good looking family you have there and look at that pool, must come in handy this summer!

Thanks for sharing your photos with us.

Sharon

• sazzyrose
    17 years ago

I do think that putting a face to a name is a neat idea. Thanks for thinking of this Sharon.
    This is me. A picture from yesterday. My 6 year old took this shot. Not the clearest but oh well. She did good.

A formal one of me and DH. This was taken a few years ago.

And this is the rest of the clan taken July long weekend. Ages 6 to 24.

{{gwi:719371}}

And last but not least, my 5 yr old grandson. This was taken just before Christmas. He's not the angel that he looks like.

{{gwi:719372}}

This is us.
    Shelley

• Crazy_Gardener
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Shelly... you are so beautiful, look at your smile, I love your hairstyle too!

Ahhhh, the grandson is a angel, he's so adorable!

Great family photos and thanks for sharing your photos with us ;)

Com'on now the rest of you, don't be shy ;)

Sharon

• alalbertaz2b
    17 years ago

Ok I guess it's my turn!! Maybe some of the other guys on here will post their pics.

{{gwi:719373}}
    This is a picture taken last winter after a fishing trip. I am the guy in the red suit, the guy in the short sleeves is my son-in-law, the fellow in the back holding a little boy is a friend with his other son standing beside me, the little girl with the purple touque is my grandaughter.

{{gwi:719374}}
    This is a picture of my wife and our dog 'Angel' (aka 'Mooch the Pooch')

• ian_bc_north
    17 years ago

Here are my photos.

Nephew & yourÂs truly

Daughter

Granddaughter

Ian

• verenap
    17 years ago

What I great idea!! So nice to put faces to everyone!!

Sharon, Cletis...LOL!! Love that name...I swear...if I ever get a horse again... ;-)

I'm another one of those camrea shy people...plus we don't have a digital, so I have very few pics on the computer yet.

OK...so here's the only head on shot I have of me...we look great hey! (This was taken after nine and a half hours of labor, about an hour and a half after Brayden was born...I'm either brave or crazy for posting it...you decide. ;o)

{{gwi:719383}}

This is my side profile (looking a little better than in the last one!)...Brayden is two weeks old here. (Almost a year and a half ago already!!)

{{gwi:719385}}

A better picture of my DH, Larry

{{gwi:719386}}

Brayden and Hunter - taken last winter, but it's the most recent digital I have.

{{gwi:719387}}

Well that's all for me. I don't have any pictures of our cat...but he's an all-black-long-haired-green-eyed-trouble-makin-bed-hogin-b*st*rd-of-a-cat (and we love him).

Verena

• verenap
    17 years ago

Oh MY!!!
    Sorry all...I resized that second one in photo bucket and it looked good there...didn't realize how big it showed up!! You could just about count my eyelashes!! Ohhh...and check out those roots...LOL!

• Crazy_Gardener
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Ian & Al, good to see some men join in!

Verena, you look damn good after just having a baby, what a little sweetie in your arms!

17 years ago

Everyone looks great!

Ian - sorry, i don't recognize you from back in '72 or whenever that was! LOL

• sazzyrose
    17 years ago

I'm loving this thread.
    Verena, you look awesome considering you just had a baby. I'm sure you look even so much better now. Your son Brayden is a sweetie. I have a Braeden as well. He's the one in the white. And at 15, he's not so sweet anymore. Teenagers #@*?#%/?*@#~?!!!!
    Sharon thanks for the compliment. Can you tell that I'm a mechanic by trade. All 5 ft of me. My 6 year old is the only one that I am taller than.
    Al and Ian for some reason you look somewhat like I had pictured you. All of the girls, I've been way off.
    Shelley

• SeaOtterCove
    17 years ago

It is so nice to finally 'meet' everyone here. I like being able to put faces to names. Makes it a bit more personable. Anyways, here is one of me taken last year with the dogs. I'm another one who seems to be behind the camera most of the time.

{{gwi:719389}}

Syreeta

• savona
    17 years ago

Another beautiful grandchild for Grandma's brag book..Shayna Grace..arrived Wednesday August 23..7 lbs 15 oz..granchild #5..granddaughter #4
    {{gwi:719391}}
    savona

• Crazy_Gardener
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Oh Savona, that is the cutiest lit' sweet pea I've ever layed eyes on, she is beautiful!

Congratulations Granny!!!!!!

Sharon

17 years ago

What a sweetie! Congratulations, Savona! Now where's the pic of Grandma??

• savona
    17 years ago

Here I am again..Grandchild #6 has arrived..after 4 granddaughters in a row he broke the girl power..Ethan Carter arrived Novemeber 12th at 11:58 pm. He was in a bit of a hurry arriving 20 days early and weighing in at 5 lbs 15 oz....Marcia, Grandma seems to be always on the otherside of camera..lol..savona
    {{gwi:719393}}

• northspruce
    17 years ago

Congrats Savona! (He was just barely born on my birthday) Both of them are adorable.

17 years ago

He looks absolutely brand new in that picture, Savona! Congratulations!

• verenap
    17 years ago

Oh Congratulations!!! They're both so adorable! Proud grandma, I'm sure!!

Verena

I thought I should post a little nicer picture of us, so you can all see what I normally look like...
    Here's our latest (and first) family portrait. Brayden sure has grown too! (But he really didn't want to smile for the camera that day...little stinker ;-)

• Crazy_Gardener
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Congratulations again Savona, you're going to be a very busy grandma this Christmas!

Verena, very nice updated family photo. You all look so happy and healthy!

Com'on the rest of you, show your pearly whites ;)

Sharon

17 years ago

Ginger, you have to use the "tag" thing in PhotoBucket in order for it to show up here. :)

• northspruce
    17 years ago

Hey Ginger, nice to meet you, welcome to the Far North! But yeah, it's the Tag box to post a pic.

• Crazy_Gardener
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Nice of you to join in Ginger, glad to meet you and hope you'll have fun here at the FN forum!

Sharon

• valleyrimgirl
    16 years ago

We had family pictures taken a few weeks ago.

Kristin and Dustin were married 2 summers ago in our yard.

Jason and Natasha were engaged in Jan '07. Note the little snowflakes on the camera screen making the picture appear to have circles on it.

Brad and his new car.

Then there is Sneaker, our 16 year old cat...sunning herself.

Lady is our 15 year old cocker spaniel. She gave us 3 batches of puppies to enjoy over the years.

And Jazz is our 2 year old border collie. She is a very active and very smart dog.

For more pictures see my album in Photobucket at

http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a184/valleyrimgirl/family/

Brenda

• Crazy_Gardener
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Those are wonderful family pics Brenda, looks like you have a great family there.

The wedding pick of Kristin, she kind of looks like the lead singer of the dixie chicks ;)

Oh btw, I looooooooooooove your mature trees in your place.

Sharon

• valleyrimgirl
    16 years ago

Sharon,

I love the mature trees in our yard too.

I thought it was kind of cute, when I was taking pictures of Jason and Natasha a year ago in the yard... I asked Natasha to hug the tree and she said 'what...you want me to hug the tree?'

Natasha grew up in Thompson. They do not have mature trees like we have in our yard.

This fun picture of them is one of my favorites and theirs.

Another favorite one is when Natasha wanted to see a sunrise here at our place. That meant that Jason had to also crawl out of bed at about 5:30am that day. This picture is taken from my living room window that morning. Our acreage overlooks the Assiniboine River valley. In the morning in spring, summer and fall, fog quite often fills the valley below us.

Brenda

• savona
    16 years ago

Our son Stephen and his fiance Krystal were married on Saturday. After the ceremony at the church they came to our place to have their pictures taken by everyone. Krystal was a beautiful bride. It was a wonderful day for everyone. savona
    Krys and Stephen

Our family picture is missing DIL Lacey and grandson Ethan..she took him home for a nap
    left to right in the back DH..me granson David infront of me..son Ryan.Daughter Erin and SIL Bob on the end..Krys and Stephen..granddaughters left to right Brenna, Kendra and Aislyn and then baby Shayna in the front

wedding party

bride and bridesmaids

groom and groomsmen

Stephen arriving at the church in his convertable

one last picture of the wedding party

• savona
    16 years ago

and just because I hate to leave anyone out..My son Ryan and his fiance Lacey got married in their home on April 25th this year..as you can see getting dressed up wasn;t something they felt they had to do...lol..on the 28th they rented the local hall for a family and friends dinner and dance..they did dress up for that one..lol

our grandson Ethan taken on this last Saturday

savona

• valleyrimgirl
    16 years ago

Beautiful pictures! Looks like you had a gorgeous sunny day for the wedding. It is nice to have pictures taken in your own yard. It is the yard the kids grew up in and means something to them.

Are those yellow callas in with the stargazer lily in her bouquet? Love the color combination. What kind of flowers were in the bridesmaids' bouquets?

Brenda

• Crazy_Gardener
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh wow what a beautiful couple, happy family and beautiful garden. Looks like you guys had a great day!

Sharon

• Laurie_z3_MB
    16 years ago

Wow, look at those eyes on Ethan! He's gonna be a heartbreaker! Those are great pictures of the wedding Savona. I'm glad they had a great day weather wise, because it's been really variable around here lately. Btw, love the convertable too!

• savona
    16 years ago

Thanks everyone. This year has been so busy with 2 grandbabies and 2 weddings in 10 months..but so much fun..savona

• luv2gro
    16 years ago

Beautiful pics, everyone and so nice to "see" so many of you. I'll have to dig through and try and find some of us. I'm pretty shy around the camera and I'm usually on the side taking the pictures.

Shauna

• northspruce
    16 years ago

Your wedding and family pictures are beautiful Savona! Your yard looks perfect for wedding photos.

• sazzyrose
    16 years ago

You have a very nice looking family. I think it so nice to see who we are talking to.

Shelley

• savona
    16 years ago

Ack.. Brenda I forgot to answer your questions..Those were yellow calla lilies in Krys's bouquet but I'm not sure what lilies those others were..the camera didnt pick up the orange in them, they didnt have any scent to them either. I forget what the bridesmaides had in their bouquets..in the last few days before the wedding the lady who was doing the flowers couldn't fill the order so Art Knapps took over.