Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Show me your favourite Asiatic Lily!

Posted by northspruce z3a MB CDA (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 11, 11 at 22:48

You have to pick just one. I like lots of mine for different reasons but I think I'd have to go with Sugar Jewel. It's tall, outfacing, reliable, and has sort of a luminosity with the bright white parts of the petals. It's not new but like it a lot.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Show me your favourite Asiatic Lily!

Well I can understand why. It's beautiful and one I've never seen before.

o

I think i have Sugar Jewel. Hmmmm. I'll have to wait until they're all blooming to take a pic of my favourite, though! Just one, eh? Darn!

o

• Posted by savona z2bBCCanada (My Page) on
    Tue, Jul 12, 11 at 14:48

AAARRGGGHHH...Sugar jewel is beautiful..I dont have one...now I will have to get some. My favorite is what ever is blooming at the moment :)..Jean

o

Yeah, mine tends to change too, Jean. :) Maybe we need to post pics of our favourites of the day! LOL

My lilies are just starting to open. If someone has a lot of blooms, why don't you start a "Lilies" thread? I was thinking that we should have separate ones for lilies and roses.

o

Just one??? Geez, why don't you ask an easier question like which child does a mother love more?!lol

Sugar Jewel is a beauty, and by the looks of it a very good bloomer too! I'll have to wait and see more of what blooms before I commit to just one...

o

Well I agree with everyone else....my favourite changes with whatever one I happen to be looking at.
But here's one I always look forward to seeing. It's just starting to bloom now.
She is called China and I love her.
Photobucket

o

China is so pretty! The little black line around the edge really makes it beautiful.

o

What an awesome picture of China! Such a beauty.

Ok, I suppose I'll have to go with 'Push Off' as being my favorite for this year.

Photobucket

o

That's another beauty. I really like those painted throats. I don't have any like that. Hmmm.

o

They are all beautiful! I ordered Sugar Jewel from The Lily Nook last week and thought I had ordered China too. I saw it somewhere and now can't find it. Do you remember where you got it Marie? Perhaps I shall have to put Push Off on my wishlist as well. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here