Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
laurie_z3_mb

Garden Pics- Week of Aug 26

Laurie_z3_MB
16 years ago

I was in a macro kind of mood today, so I thought I share a few close-ups from my garden.

Single purple datura

Globe Thistle

Some type of chrysanthemum.

Lupin and "friends". Can you find all three?

Gaillardia with a cute little bee butt.:)

Cottoneaster berries. The leaves are already turning red.:(

This poor guy had a run in with something to get his eye injured like that.

How are everyone else's gardens doing in this cool weather?

Laurie

Comments (6)

• valleyrimgirl
    16 years ago

I would love to show pictures of my yard, but I am not downloading any more until a new computer arrives (the old one is extremely full, basically no memory left). Besides it is an old computer so, time for an upgrade. This one only has 18 GB memory (12 is pictures). The new ones have lots and lots of memory compared to this one.

But, I just made the walkabout and have 36 different daylilies still blooming, the Stargazer lilies and one late flower on Royal Sunset, sedums are in their glory and the raccoons found my corn. The live trap is now set up and waiting until tonight. Hopefully....

The cucumbers are still going, cranberries, plums, dolga apples, grapes and chokecherries are ready, the second flush of strawberries are going, acorn and hubbard squash we are starting to pick, and beans should be ready this week for the first picking. I, on purpose, planted the beans the last week in June so that they would be ready at the end of August (when I had more time).

I am in the process of cleaning out the greenhouse because for our 25th wedding anniversary present my DH is getting outdoor speakers installed in the sunroom and on the greenhouse. Then I can listen to music when working in the flowerbeds if I wish. That is one advantage to living in the country... I can play it as loud as I wish to. The greenhouse needs to be cleaned so that the wires can be attached where ever the guy wants them to go. Good reason to do a throrough cleaning.

Enjoyed everyone's pictures this summer!

It has been a very, very enjoyable summer, being at home, but it is soon to come to a end since my daughter is back to university next week which in turns means that I am back into the office (she had my job for the summer).

Brenda

• Crazy_Gardener
    16 years ago

Those are some COOL photos Laurie, I really like the bee butt, soooo cute!!!! LOL

It's been raining all day long, hopefully I can get some photos in this week's thread soon.

What a great idea Brenda to put speakers in the gh!

Sharon

• CrazyDaisy_68
    16 years ago

Fantastic pictures Laurie!

Ahh, yeah, speakers in a greenhouse -- great idea!

My garden is still very colourful with sunflowers, hollyhocks, nigella, and a few other things still going strong. And, yup, leaves are a changing and falling and being raked up by the youngest kiddo!

The only really new thing for me in the garden is that the asters are in full glory right now.

Ang
    *** Enjoying the remnants of summer! ***

• Crazy_Gardener
    16 years ago

Ang, I really like your Asters!

Dahlia 'Akita' - this flower is huge!

Dahlia Chic en Rouge

Helianthus 'Ring of Fire' Sunflowers - all facing their heads to the sun!

A mix of this and that ;)

Petunia Silver Wave Hanging Baskets

Petunia Cherry Tidal Wave

Enjoy!
    Sharon

Here is a link that might be useful: More Photos for Week of August 26th

• sazzyrose
    16 years ago

Oh my Sharon. I thought I was dead for a minute and went to Petunia Heaven. What a lovely sight.
    Shelley

• Crazy_Gardener
    16 years ago

Ahhhh Shelley, that's the nicest comment I've ever got for my Petunias. Petunia Heaven, LOL!

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH