Echinacea purpurea
Echinacea purpurea

Lythrum
Lythrum

Hollyhocks:
Hollyhocks

Heliopisis var. Lorraine Sunshine
Heliopsis var. 'Lorraine Sunshine'

I was wondering what this was so i had to check my winter sowing list. Of course, now that i have to write it down, i can't find the list.
What is this...

Begonias and ligularia:
Begonias and ligularia

Morden Sunrise:
Miss Sunrise

Martin Frobisher:
Martin Frobisher

Henry Kelsey, with a couple of heavy heads of blooms
Henry Kelsey

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Early August blooms

That's such a nice picture of Morden Sunrise, Marcia! You've got so much colour still happening in your garden. I've only got a few daylilies left blooming and heliopsis, but I'm pretty happy as long as there's green out there...in a few short months that alternative white colour will be rearing it's ugly head.:(

o

very nice Marcia, that unknown yellow is Toadflax, watch out it can become weedy.

your camera gives such clear crisp photos. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to do this on my Canon S5. grrr. What setting do you have yours on?

o

Become weedy, you say? It looks pretty weedy already! LOL I don't think it's toadflax, though, because i've had that before and the flowers are a lot different. This was supposed to be Chrysopsis villosa 'Golden Aster', but it doesn't look like pictures of that when i googled it. It looks okay now, but i'll rip it out before it goes to seed.

o

after looking at it twice it is not Toadflax. Looks like a species of Goldenrod?

o

It could be. The bees absolutely love it. I'm keeping an eye on it, though, because i'm afraid it will be just another one of those things that reseed all over the place.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here