Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marciaz3

Garden pics - week of August 27th

Not a lot that's new in the gardens. Most of the colour is still coming from annuals, but there are a few different perennials blooming.

A little lily:

Statice has been blooming for a few weeks, but i kept forgetting to take a picture:

Geranium 'Orion' is putting out a few more blooms:

And so is Champlain:

More blooms on that Ball's Aster:

Aster 'Ostrich Feather' - thanks, Ang!

I moved a few things around and made a fall container:

Zucchini, anyone? :)

Comments (9)

• CrazyDaisy_68
    17 years ago

Not much new here either. Marcia, my 'Ostrich Feather' aster is just starting to open today! 8^) Cool!

Remember last year when tomatoes that just were not ripening? Well, I'm sure loving this sight this year!

And this guy totally posed for me! I actually got two pictures of him before he flew away... and usually I end up chasing them around the garden before giving up! LOL

and a long shot of my front yard...

Ang

• Crazy_Gardener
    17 years ago

Lot's of colours still happening but the nights are sure getting cool and we're going camping for the long weekend....brrrr ;)

Echinacea purpurea 'Magnus'

Cleome serrulata Rocky Mtn Bee Plant

Datura metel Triple Yellow, this pot is growing in the greenhouse, its crazy with blooms!

Panicum violaceum Panic Grass

{{gwi:540642}}
    Aster laevis Smooth Blue Aster

Sharon

• savona
    17 years ago

I didnt have much time for garden pictures this week with a new granddaughter arriving last Wednesday..here are a couple

Coral Pink oriental poppy started from seed this year..a little bit of a disappointment..but maybe next year it will have better colour
    {{gwi:701310}}
    Summer Sorbet california poppy just starting to open..they pouted most of the summer from being transplanted
    {{gwi:721193}}
    Jean Marie dahila with bi-coloured lupin seedling from sowing this year
    {{gwi:721196}}
    savona

• hunnerbun
    17 years ago

Oh I have tons of pics but they are all huge and have to be resized before I upload them to photobucket.
    We are going camping this weekend too so they most likely won't get done until after next week.
    This new camera of mine sure is getting a workout though.
    I stll have tons of stuff blooming though and lots that is just about to open so hopefully next week I'll have lots of pics for the fist week of Sept. thread!
    Marcia...your Champlain rose is such a beautiful color. Both my Morden Sunrise and Blush are blooming gangbusters, I hope they are as nice next year!

• hunnerbun
    17 years ago

OK...here goes. These were all taken today.

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    Original Author
    17 years ago

What is that last one, Michele? I have that and i don't know what it is.

And my calceolaria (sp?) never did a darn thing this year.

• Laurie_z3_MB
    17 years ago

Great pics Michele!! What are pictures 5,6 and 7? That camera can sure capture colours really well and the clarity is great too.

• hunnerbun
    17 years ago

Marcia that last one is Amaranthus Velvet Curtains...I think thats the one. I have a bunch that are huge...that one is almost 3 ft tall!

Laurie those are Calceolaria. The red one is Sunset Red and the yellow ones were just labeled rugosa.

I love them. The big yellow one bloomed its head off like that all summer!
    The flowers are not very big, about the size of a quarter. But they start out tiny, about the size of a pencil eraser then they just get bigger.

The small yellow one I started from seed last year. It is being pushed out by a gallardia that I started from seed. Its the pic right below them...its just blooming now, I hope it makes it thru the winter.
    The Sunset Red and the huge yellow one I started from seed this year. I definitely need to find a new place for all of them because they are pretty low growing plants and they are all hidden under stuff!

• hunnerbun
    17 years ago

OK here's the rest of them from today

Blekitny Aniol and Rooguchi

Spider Wort

Flowering Kale...wintersown...

Hollyhock

Scabiosa

Starfire tomato

I have so many more pics to resize and post, but I have to pace myself!

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations