Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
laurie_z3_mb

Garden Pics- week of Sept 3

Laurie_z3_MB
17 years ago

It must have been a busy long weekend for everyone since this thread is so late in starting. There's still a fair amount of blooms in my garden, but things are really starting to look tired :(

This golden rod has really filled in nicely this year.

Mixed morning glories are doing well.

My first flowers on Heliopsis 'Lorraine Sunshine'. Thanks Brenda!

Morden Cameo mum.

{{gwi:697366}}

Some white lupins that were winter sown.

I was given a chunk of this plant in the spring. She called it an aster. Is this right?

Winter sown dianthis 'Snowdonia White'

{{gwi:721478}}

Zinnias are looking great too.

One of my $4 clematis I picked up not long ago. This one's called 'Inspiration'.

{{gwi:696585}}

Let's see some pics from your garden now!

Comments (6)

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    17 years ago

Finally got a chance to get some pics this evening. Laurie, love the goldenrod (and the rock, of course!).

Clematis 'Ville de Lyons' blooming now:

Oriental lily 'Starfighter':

Fiesta Purple mum - seems to be a slightly darker colour this year:

Agastache:

Sedums - 'Frosty Morn' and 'Strawberries and Cream':

Echinacea 'Big Sky' and overwintered glad:

Malva fastigata reblooming, and Heliopsis 'Lorraine Sunshine' and Hesperis matronalis, still blooming:

The cedar planter. Dh stuck the solar lights in to charge them:

Anyone else? :)

• hunnerbun
    17 years ago

Seems like clematis central here....

Roogchi and Blekitny Aniol still going strong...

A confused Alpina Willy

My unknown, started from seed...the flowers on this are only about an inch across...

Tangutica, Bill MacKenzie...

Maybe Heliopsis...

Heres a pic of the whole plant....gonna bloom like crazy as long as the weather holds out....

Monster Nicotiana, finally bloomed...this plant comes up to my shoulders...

Echinacea Doppelganger...any day now...

Tagetes, wintersown and discovered when I pulled up the raggedy poppies out back...LOL

Hollyhock...

And my second ripening tomato...but after last night and tonight I'd better get the blankets ready....

• luv2gro
    17 years ago

Michele, the flowers of that little white one look so much like C. mandschurica and they are the right size. But the leaves are definitely different. Check this link. I started some from seed last year and it overwintered fine. It is just getting established this year but did produce some flowers. I may move it to a bit sunnier location, though and I think it would just take off.

Shauna

Here is a link that might be useful: Clematis mandschurica

• hunnerbun
    17 years ago

Shauna, that does look like my tiny white clematis except for the leaf shape...ohh and the pic you linked to doesn't have bird poop on the leaf...LOL

I started this from seed, it, along with a bunch of other seedlings grew like mad, and I babied it indoors over the winter last year. Then my wonderfully exuberant puppy decided he wanted to dig in some dirt. He pulled up all the clematis seedlings, and this was the nly one to survive. I planted it out this spring and it has taken off. It certainly isn't spectacular like the large flowering types, but it hides part of the ugly tree I have it planted near. Ohh and I didn't detect any scent from it either. Maybe it needs more sun as well.

• durtcom
    17 years ago

hunnerbun - I think that "Maybe Heliopsis..." might be Brown Eyed Susan (Rudbeckia triloba). Here's a picture of mine that were winter sown last year:

Not too many new bloomers for me right now except this nice one winter sown this year. Received in a trade labelled as Tall Purple Aster:

Susan

• hunnerbun
    17 years ago

Ohhh Susan, I think you are right....as soon as I read the name it rang a bell...I must have wintersown it last year, because I don't think I did this year!

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus