Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The last few

Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 3, 10 at 15:24

Here are a few pictures of what was flowering in my garden today.

Abelmoshus Manihot just opened. If this warm weather stays around for a while as predicted maybe I'll be able to harvest some seeds from it.

Photobucket

I started this ROS from seed 2 years ago. It has finally flowered. Anyone know which one it is?
Photobucket

Photobucket

Simply Love Hibiscus is always nice.
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The last few

Very nice! There's a possibility of the "F" word here this weekend. Hope not. :(

o

My favourite is the Simply Love Hibiscus. Your picture looks much nicer than the one on the Veseys website.

Did you start them from seed in the house? If so, would it be difficult for someone who's only started from seed in the house once, and it was marigolds?

o

When I grew it the first time I started inside under grow lights. I planted that one in the garden and it always reseeded. Then we moved and I wanted another one. Since they reseed so well, I winter sowed it. I imagine you could actually plant the seeds directly to. I prefer to w/s because I can then control the environment and keep mice/rabbits or other pests away from the seedling. If you want some seeds, I will be putting up a trade list soon and I have some. Marg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here