Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hunnerbun_gw

Happy Thanksgiving?

hunnerbun
17 years ago

Seems to me that mother nature skipped right over Thanksgiving and went directly to Christmas....do not pass go....do not collect $200!

This is what I woke up to this morning...after losing the power several times last night....

This is the view into the back yard thru the porch window...

Comments (21)

• Pudge 2b
    17 years ago

Oh my.

I think that's the same system that dumped buckets of rain on us all day yesterday.

I hope it all melts for you and you still get some nice fall weather - early snows that 'stick' make for a long winter.

• SeaOtterCove
    17 years ago

I feel for you. We're still having wonderful sunny days. I don't even want to think about snow for another month or so.

Syreeta

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    17 years ago

Yuck. I'll stop complaining now. :( Hope it melts, Michele!

• Konrad___far_north
    17 years ago

Oh no oh no......now I know where all that cold air is coming from LOL
    Good pics!....thanks for posting!
    Konrad

• CrazyDaisy_68
    17 years ago

Ohhhh that is just too much of that white stuff. Got my fingers crossed for you that it will soon melt away.

Ang

• alalbertaz2b
    17 years ago

That looks like more snow than what we had all last winter LOL. I call it slow release moisture, it goes into the ground better!!

Cheers Al

• hunnerbun
    Original Author
    17 years ago

It is melting like crazy today. So thats good....I guess...On the down side...my oven crapped out on Saturday night, so no turkey here today, so I am spending the day cleaning and rearranging stuff. I just finished the bedroom so I am having a sammie and checking in here. I am working my way down the hall to the livingroom...gonna be a long day

Ohhhh and I ordered a new oven from Sears and its gonna be 2 weeks before it gets here. Guess I better fill the propane tank on the BBQ!

• Crazy_Gardener
    17 years ago

YIKES! That's way too soon!

• north53 Z2b MB
    17 years ago

Michelle, we fared a little better than you. There was snow in the forecast, but mostly we got rain. We did have some flurries, but it was melted by morning. However, it was very cold so I scurried outside and picked whatever I could find to make a Thanksgiving arrangement. I was sure it would be the end of anything blooming.

The tall spiky things are the cimicifuga buds that didn't open again. There's no hope I'll ever see the thing in bloom. We had such a nice long fall and still no flowers.

• Laurie_z3_MB
    17 years ago

Oh, Michele, I hope all that white stuff has melted for you by now!

North53, that's a beautiful arrangement! I've also never seen my cimicifuga bloom, so don't feel bad ;^)

Laurie

17 years ago

Darn, i just planted a cimicifuga! Oh well, live and learn, eh?

Michele's s*** is headed our way this evening. Yuck.

• Laurie_z3_MB
    17 years ago

Marcia, it may depend on what variety you have and how much sun it gets. Mine is 'Brunette', and this summer I moved it over a few feet so that it will get a little more sun, so maybe next year it might bloom? Anyway, I love it for it's foliage and flowers would be a nice bonus, if it happens. Definitely worth planting.

Yes, it's sure cold here today too. It's only +3 right now with an expected high of only 5C. Brrrrrrrrrr!

• north53 Z2b MB
    17 years ago

Thanks Laurie for clarifying that. I should have mentioned it's the cimicifuga simplex I can't get to bloom. Even with the extra long period without a killing frost this fall, still no flowers. It was, however, in bud for a long time.
    It was recommended by someone on this site that I try C. 'Atropurpurea'. But I only planted that one this spring, so it's too soon to tell.
    Sorry for sending this thread off the track. By the way, it's snowing here now with a wind chill.

17 years ago

My cimicifuga is racemosa, i think. The one i've tried to winter sow is dahurica.

No s*** here yet, and there are two conflicting forecasts out there now. Environment Canada has a Winter Storm Watch for us, while the Weather Network (on the computer, anyway) says we'll get mostly rain.

I'm not gonna say it until it's on the ground! :>

• northspruce
    17 years ago

Marcia it's snowing here now. And no I'm sorry I'm not going to hang onto it for you... but if you're lucky it will be rain when you get it ;0)

17 years ago

I don't blame ya, Gil - i wouldn't do it for you either! LOL It's s-s-s-snowing here too (there, i said it). Environment Canada still has a Winter Storm Watch for us. The Weather Network on the computer says we shouldn't get any precipitation tonight. The Weather Network on tv has us in their band of heavy snow (worse towards Thunder Bay, though). Who are you going to believe? Weather report tomorrow morning!

• vrie
    17 years ago

I'm hijacking here but its US Thanksgiving wkend so I felt it was appropriate!

This is what we woke up to- and still falling!

Back step (and the empty dead pot I forgot to put away!

Front step- dogs gotta go out! And they enjoyed it!

• northspruce
    17 years ago

Oh no, the Thanksgiving curse crosses international borders too! LOL. Cute Poms!

• Crazy_Gardener
    17 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving Vrie!

It pretty much looks like that here too. Except our dog is about 100lbs. ;)

Have a great weekend!
    Sharon

17 years ago

Hmm, all our snow is gone and i'm actually saying that i hope we get some soon because it's getting colder and cold + no snow = frozen septic fields. Not good.

Vrie, dogs love snow, don't they? It's always like they've never seen any before!!

• vrie
    17 years ago

That's funny for some reason I couldn't even catch the black lab witht eh camera! I had to wait for trampling to picture the poms- they tunneled first! The bigger cream one tried to totally disappear!

Oh well, it looks like they get to "enjoy" it for a bit. The latest storm warning has been posted, and the storm seems to be barely slowed by the rockies. I'm looking forward to a balmy -1 C in about a week! My daughter is excited- it might be above zero on her birthday- gee that new skateboard she wants will be useful then!

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville