Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sierra_z2b

A Fall Stroll

sierra_z2b
16 years ago

The fall colours are so pretty, its unfortunate that they didn't last a little longer. They are almost finished here. Its been so quiet around this forum, thought I'd share a few photos.

Up the stairs.

{{gwi:722606}}

Time to rest.

{{gwi:722607}}

The wind was blowing.

{{gwi:722608}}

There was NO earthquake.

{{gwi:722609}}

enjoy,

Sierra

Comments (18)

• valleyrimgirl
    16 years ago

Beautiful pictures!!

The photography course I am taking right now talked about composition last week. In other words, doing what you did in the first two pictures...drawing the eye from the left to the right, first of all to walk up the stairs and around the corner and in your second picture, to take a walk in the woods, once again, around the corner. Very inviting.

I like the leaves you have on your trees yet. Ours are now almost all gone. The valley below our acreage is bare. There are a few shrubs in the landscaping with a few leaves still on them and some of the oaks still have some of their brown leaves.

Fall is definitely here.

Brenda

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    16 years ago

Beautiful! It is too bad that the colours don't last long enough. We have tamaracks that are taking up the slack right now, but it won't be long before we'll have a drab brown landscape. (Unfortunately, after that it will be white!)

• sazzyrose
    16 years ago

Beautiful pictures. I don't have to say anymore.

Shelley

• sierra_z2b
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ooopppss I didn't resize that last one. Sorry about that.

Brenda, have you learned about "S" curves and leading lines yet? The last photo is about leading lines....the path leads you right into the photo. Make note where your eye is lead....and what it does. Once you learn all the rules....you will also love to break each and every one of them. haha.
    And ya, not much left here for leaves either, its looking pretty bare.

Marcia, :O no white stuff, no white stuff....NOOOOOOO WWWHITE STUFFFFFFFF. ;)

Thanks Shelley, glad you like these.

Sierra

• Laurie_z3_MB
    16 years ago

Just wonderful pictures Sierra! The one with the stairs is my favourite though......it's just begging for someone to walk up and find a surprise.

• sierra_z2b
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Laurie, hmmmm that surprise might have been a bear. Eeekkksssss. There was evidence that a bear had been in the area. I didn't actually see him though.

Sierra

16 years ago

A bear on the stair? Would a bear dare? Did you find bear hair? You might have then found a bare bear. Beware, beware of the bare bear on the stair!

(i must be going stir crazy already...)

• valleyrimgirl
    16 years ago

I think Marcia has been around kids' books too much!! :)

Brenda

• sierra_z2b
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Haha.

There was a Hare with spare hair. But to offer does he dare? Would a bare bear on a stair, wear hare's hair?

Sierra :O

16 years ago

Not if the spare-hair hare's hair was white! LOL

• sierra_z2b
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Me thinks we should have our own forum. haha

• valleyrimgirl
    16 years ago

Back to answer your question Sierra, yes, we have taken 'S' curves and leading lines, making your eyes travel through the pictures. Tonight was on macro lenses and also how to mat your own pictures. We brought a 5 x 7 picture that we took ourselves and matted it.

Next week the topics are filters and flashes and then the course is finished. So much info has been thrown at us. I need to sit down and slowly go through it and review it to let it all sink in. Then go take lots of pictures :) to try everything out I learned...and maybe sign up for another course???

Brenda

• CrazyDaisy_68
    16 years ago

I stared at the stairs and wondered where the bare bear and the spare-hair hare have gone? Oh where oh where?

(can you tell I am thoroughly enjoying my first day off?)

Sierra, those are great pictures! I really love the first one too. I can see it framed and hung on a wall for sure!

• sierra_z2b
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ha, hare's the answer...

Up the stairs,

and through the woods
    {{gwi:722610}}

and over the bridge
    {{gwi:722611}}

to grandmas house they go, they go.
    {{gwi:722612}}

Hey Ang, show us some of those pics huh!

Brenda, The leaf pics were taken with a 100mm macro lens.

Just taking a coffee break, laundry and cleaning house this morning. :(

Sierra :)))

• Konrad___far_north
    16 years ago

Lovely pictures Sierra!...Thanks for brightening up this rather dull time of the season.
    Konrad

• sierra_z2b
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks Konrad, Glad you liked these.

I guess no one liked the answer of where the bare bear and spare hair hare went. LOL!

Sierra

• savona
    16 years ago

lovely photos Sierra...savona

Sponsored
Native Plant Scapes
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
Your Friendly Native Plant Landscape Designers in Loudoun County