Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
valleyrimgirl

Assignment #4

valleyrimgirl
16 years ago

This week try taking a picture of a hobby of yours (not gardening) in some unique way. Post two or three pictures all taken at different angles.

For example, if you like to read, take pictures of a pile of books all piled up (not neatly) and do so at different angles. Or if you like scrapbooking, do so with the stickers, albums, markers, etc. scattered over a table.

What we are doing is taking pictures of 'still life'. Taking things that seem ordinary and turning them into something extraordinary. Use your creativity this week!

Jenn and Brenda

Comments (10)

• valleyrimgirl
    Original Author
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Sorry Sierra. Guess I shouldn't do two things at one time...talk to a friend (Jenn) and post the assignment on the FN. Boy do we need an edit button because as soon as I pressed the post message button I realized what I had done.

So, to all...the assignment is from Sierra and Brenda.

Brenda

• sierra_z2b
    16 years ago

I'm still here. :))

Here is an example to go with the assignment. I stacked these books on a blanket on a chair....then sat down on the floor to take the photo level with the books...and a little to the left.

{{gwi:722800}}

Sierra

• Laurie_z3_MB
    16 years ago

Here's some snowmen that Brenda and I painted yesterday. These candy holders will be given away at the Christmas party this Thursday. I didn't give as much thought to how creatively arranged these guys were....it was more for just wanting to have a record of them for myself, but I think they turned out ok.

Here they are, all 45 of them.......

Laurie

• CrazyDaisy_68
    16 years ago

Those are so cute! I will have to work on this assignment this weekend.

Ang

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    16 years ago

All right - finally got the picture software sorted and the picture uploaded. I didn't do anything special to this picture, just tried to get everything in! The books are what were on my bedside table - just lifted them and brought them up by the computer, which is my other hobby, and yes, Sharon, i am still watching the Waterhole. I wanted to make sure that was in the picture because it's like another hobby. And the crocheted angel is what i was working on at the time. So here you go:

Btw, eating yogurt seems to be another hobby, as i caught part of the container in the picture! LOL

• CrazyDaisy_68
    16 years ago

Marcia, its cool that you captured all your hobbies in one picture!

Here's mine finally.

{{gwi:722815}}
    Cake Decorating is a fairly new hobby for me. These little hockey guys are made of a gelatin icing that dries really fast and rock hard and then I paint them with paste food colouring thinned out with a dab of vodka.

Necklaces

More Necklaces

And some bracelets...

And here is where I make my "mess". I do all sorts of scrapbooking, cardmaking, paper-piecing and jewellry making here.

And lastly I love to knit and crochet too. This is part of my current crochet project -- making yo-yo baby blankets for all the up coming baby showers at our church. I make these in all sorts of colours and its a great way to "de-stash" too. The best part of making these yo-yo's is that it goes so fast... now joining them is a whole other subject! LOL

Ang
    *** who must admit this is just the tip of the iceburg with all my hobbies.... ***

• sierra_z2b
    16 years ago

These are great you guys!

Marcia you got a lot all into one shot. Hmmm I didn't think of that. I have a yogurt eating hobby tooooo. LOL!!!!

Ang, Wow thats a lot of hobbies too. I love the little hockey players. Soooooo cute!!!!

Sierra

• Crazy_Gardener
    16 years ago

The only hobby I have is gardening gals. LOL, I have nothing to show and tell ;)

Marcia, you're still watching that hole. LOL

• Laurie_z3_MB
    16 years ago

Ang, I love the jewelry you've made! You are one busy lady.

Marcia, I'm with you, I think the computer may be my biggest hobby......the internet is way toooo addictive!lol

I started looking around the house for things I've done that I would consider to be a hobby, and I've come to the conclusion that I do a lot of dabbling with different things. I'll do a few items of something and then move on to something new that I've discovered!lol But, I do seem to have a Christmas theme of sorts going on:

Here's a couple of Christmas swags I've done.

Last year I painted holly on quite a few of these goblets and gave them away for gifts, but of course, saved a set for myself.;0)

I've done a bit of cross stitching here and there.

Made a few tree ornaments over the years too. These cinnamon dough ornaments still have a bit of scent after 8 or 9 years!

I sewed and beaded my tree skirt.

A couple of years ago, I etched some snowflakes onto 4" square glass, and made them into coasters, but I gave them all away. But I did keep this candle holder I etched.

I've painted on wood as well.

And I even made my own amaryllis pots with clay cut outs, ribbon and paint. The table underneath them is one we made and I tiled the top. It was made the right height to sit in front of the living room window for plants to enjoy the southern exposure in the winter.

Every year, I make my own table centerpiece with evergreens from the yard. I also make one for my mom when we go up there for Christmas, as well as a pine wreath for her.

Now for some non Christmas related hobbies.

I've done a few plexiglass paintings. This is the bamboo one that I did last winter.
    {{gwi:690936}}

Last year, I made this sign out of barn board, and it's hanging in the kitchen over the sink.

I've done a number of silk arrangements over the years, this is my latest one.

Now, the direction I seem to be going is, in redecorating my home, so I've been re-designing some furniture pieces that were no longer needed or were a bit out of date. So this is a picture of an old microwave cart that we didn't need anymore, but I re-designed it into a bar cart, with the carpentry help of my DH too.

• CrazyDaisy_68
    16 years ago

Thanks Sierra and Laurie!

WOW Laurie! And you say that I'm busy? LOL That is some great crafting you've done over the years. I really like your style.

Ang

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville