Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
valleyrimgirl

Assignment #2

valleyrimgirl
16 years ago

Assignment #2 Fun from Ground Level

Get down to ground level or a low level and take pictures from there. Use your imagination and see the world from a totally different perspective. For example, take a picture looking up into a tree, under a peony bush or of the grass with your dog's feet in the picture. Can be indoors or out. Be creative and have fun.

Looking forward to seeing everyone's photos.

Brenda and Sierra

Comments (12)

• savona
    16 years ago

OK..you two must have a quirky sense of humour..lol..our snow has melted leaving a quaggy nasty sloppy mess behind.It will take a lot of coaxing for me to get down on the ground...hahaha..savona

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    16 years ago

Wear a wetsuit! LOL

• sierra_z2b
    16 years ago

Hahaha......mud photography. LOL!

I'm going to try and dig those potatoes to day....maybe I will take pics. hahahaha

Sierra

• Laurie_z3_MB
    16 years ago

Ok, here's my attempts for this assignment today.

Switch grass

Joe Pye

Elm

Cottonwood tree

Good thing we had a beautiful blue sky today as a backdrop.âº

• valleyrimgirl
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Laurie, I like your trees...looking uuuppp!!

I didn't realize how the moisture from the stalks of the peonies drops to ground level and really expands the stalks, until the other day when I saw them when I was cutting down the peonies for winter. I thought that this would be an interesting picture...

Today as I went for a walk down the driveway I came across this little wildflower. Had to go back for my camera. Of course, then when I was on my stomach my border collie thought that this meant time to play and sat right in front of the camera, on the dandelion. It doesn't look too worse for wear.

I came back to the house and got onto my stomach on the cement walkway and took a picture of the veronica spicata still blooming. It is about 1/2" across in reality. Didn't realize how cold the walkway was until I was down on my tummy on it.

Brenda

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    16 years ago

Lovely pics, both of you! Yes, Brenda, i can see where a cement sidewalk just might be a little cold this time of year! So it occurred to me that i could cheat a bit in this assignment. :) Can you guess how?

It was pretty dark already when i took these. Here's Clematis Ville de Lyons, which was lovely all summer and still has all its leaves:

And the bare branches and green buds of Sambucus 'Sutherland's Gold':

• xtreme_gardener
    16 years ago

Laurie, I love your elm tree :)

Marcia, your Sambucus branches look really neat highlighted against the dark.

Let's hope we get lots of this blue sky this winter :)

• savona
    16 years ago

interesting pictures evryone..I love the bark on the cottonwood Laurie!Marcia I took an empty dog food bag to lay on so didnt need a wet suit..laff..
    what is left of the grandkids snowfort
    {{gwi:723083}}
    pond shot
    {{gwi:723085}}
    a flopped over sedum "autumn joy"
    {{gwi:723091}}
    savona

• sierra_z2b
    16 years ago

Great shots all!!!

Here are my photos for this assignment. The potatoes have been rescued! haha

{{gwi:723096}}

{{gwi:723099}}

{{gwi:723101}}

{{gwi:723103}}

Sierra

• CrazyDaisy_68
    16 years ago

Neat pics! I am loving this!

Here's my contribution:

Ang

• valleyrimgirl
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ang, what kind of flower is/was the first picture you posted? You really had to get down to do that one!! Is your ground frozen yet over there?

Brenda

• xtreme_gardener
    16 years ago

Ok, I can't seem to resist that blue sky! Too, bad -19 C came along with it...brrr.

I like your pond shot, Savona :)