Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sierra_z2b

Assignment #5

sierra_z2b
16 years ago

This assignment is about composition again. This time try to find "leading lines" to take photos of.

Leading lines is where you have something that lead your eye to the main subject. Such as the path that lead you to the cabin/barn in my (Sierra's) assignment #3 photo. It can be a curb, a line, a row of posts or anything you can think ofÂas long as it leads to the main subject of your photo. Leading lines also lead you through the photoÂ.so as to let the viewer explore the photo. You could even set up a line of kibble leading to your dogs food bowl, a row of Christmas balls leading to the tree, be creative. I am adding a couple examples from my September files for examples.

Okay lets have some fun with this one, and donÂt forget you can add photos to previous assignments anytime you have time to.

Sierra and Brenda

{{gwi:723212}}

{{gwi:723214}}

Comments (11)

• garden_chicken
    16 years ago

Leading lines from days gone by, if I'd spent a little more time thinking about it I likely could have done better:

{{gwi:723219}}

{{gwi:723224}}

• north53 Z2b MB
    16 years ago

Not sure if this fits the requirements. The creek is coming from around the bend to the left behind the trees.

• Crazy_Gardener
    16 years ago

I have nothing to show, but just wanted to comment how beautiful all your photos are! Outstanding!

Sharon

• savona
    16 years ago

I am too lazy this morning to find out where the scanner is unplugged so this is the only picture I have in the computor, taken 10 days ago that kind of fits this assignment. The Nechako River is now underway to freeze over. Savona
    Beautiful pictures everyone!
    {{gwi:723230}}

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    16 years ago

I have nothing to offer right now either, but all the pictures are beautiful - i second that!

• valleyrimgirl
    16 years ago

Last week we were in Las Vegas where my DH had the opportunity to take 2 work related courses. When he was in his courses I explored the Las Vegas Strip and went shopping, of course, taking lots of pictures along the way.

Here are 3 pictures I took that had leading lines in them.

The first is at the Wynn hotel. The grass-like plants on the sides of the paths were not daylilies (shucks) but some sort of grass.

This one was taken by the Excalibur Hotel. I love all the pansies that were planted along the path.

This was taken when I was exploring the Tropicana Hotel pool area...

I just have to throw these two pictures in. They are taken at the Wynn Hotel where it must be easier to plant and mow carpet than real grass. My DH didn't think that we should do that on our lawn here on the acreage. :)

We left when the weather was hovering around 0C and I could still see green grass on my lawn. When we got back the temps had gone to -32C windchill and 6" of snow on my lawn. Brings me back to reality really quickly!!

Brenda

• Crazy_Gardener
    16 years ago

Wow, look at those pansies!!! Hope you had a great time Brenda!

• sierra_z2b
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Marie, the leading line in your photo, to me is the rock jutting out in the middle on an angle leading to the reflections.

Brenda, those pansies are pretty, but you have to watch where the leading line leads. That line leads me into a wall or railing. It doesn't quite flow through the photo smoothly.

Hey Sharon and Marcia...are ya's gonna join the fun. :) Leading lines can be as simple as your driveway leading up to a shed or your house.

Oh and don't forget assignment #4. I am waiting to take pics of my other hobby, but first I have to set it all up. That should happen in the next week or so....I am hopeing anyway. :)

Sierra

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    16 years ago

I forgot that i did take pictures of my hobby, but with my computer problems last week i never got the pictures uploaded. More busy days are coming up, but maybe by the weekend i'll be able to post pics.

• Laurie_z3_MB
    16 years ago

Here's a couple of pictures that came to mind for this assignment.

This past summer we canoed through this tunnel at Caddy Lake. I love how this picture gives you just a peek of what's around the corner.

These stairs are at Spruce Woods, along with my DS. But I'm not sure if the focal point is him or the top of the stairs?

• CrazyDaisy_68
    16 years ago

These are some awesome pictures! They are all fantastic!

Ang

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville