Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crazy_gardener

Plants & Misc that start with 'A' 2008 Photos

Crazy_Gardener
15 years ago

It's that time again to start the alphabet albums again!

Post photos from 2008 of your garden/indoor plants or any gardening related miscellaneous that start with A, its your choice whether it be botanical (latin) or common name.

If someone would like to start posting, that would be great!

IÂll post some of my A photos tonight after work ;)

Stay tuned, every week or other week will continue on to the next letter(s) in the alphabet! Please join in, should be enjoyable and make time fly by for the winter months!

Sharon

Comments (9)

• valleyrimgirl
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Glad you started the alphabet in the gallery, Sharon! I am just starting to work with all the thousands of pictures I took this summer.

Right now, I am planning on not posting any pictures of perennials that have bloomed before this summer, but will hope that people will still go back to last winter's alphabet to see the other perennials I have in my yard.

Brenda

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    15 years ago

Here are a couple. I never get tired of Aster 'Professor von Klippenberg':

Achillea 'Parker's Variety':

Dwarf Alberta Spruce:

And, some Apple Jelly:

• Crazy_Gardener
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well dang, I had all my HTML codes all ready to go and then I clicked on Preview and it stalled, grrrr, therefore I lost all my codes, I'll try tomorrow but next time I'll remember to copy and paste on WordPerfect first ;(

Marcia, I sure hope your cute lit' Alberta Spruce makes the winter, I have no luck with them here and here I live in Alberta! LOL

Brenda, thousands of photos uploaded, you'll be keeping us busy all winter long, start posting girl!

Sharon

• valleyrimgirl
    15 years ago

Here are a few A's from my yard...

Apricot Whirl Daffodil has a nice double flower.

Ann and Russell Burgess Daylily is a beautiful creamy yellow daylily with a bit of a ruffle around the edge of each petal.

Articulate Daylily...love the color on this one.

Atlanta Royalty daylily is a nice red colored tetraploid daylily.

{{gwi:723540}}

Ankum's Pride geranium is a small perennial geranium with the most pretty pink flowers.

Albo Picta hosta...

American Halo hosta is a slow grower for me. I would like to see what a little fertilizer and lots of water in 2009 will do for it. I love the leaves on this hosta.

This is Alpine Lake iris, a MDB. It was taken just after a rain and thus the transparency in some parts of the leaves.

American Patriot is an IB iris I got from Snowpeak in 2007. Its first flower had 4 petals. So, first is a picture of the front, but then the second picture I will show has all four petals. Love the bright colors on this iris!!

Apache Warrior, an IB iris, bloomed shortly after I traded for it with a friend.

Arctic Fancy, IB iris is veined and edged with violet.

Ask Alma iris is an IB apricot colored iris.

Algrave lily is a pure pink asiatic lily that I got from Shelley in 2007. Thanks Shelley!

Here is a perennial potentilla called Arc en Sol. It has a double flower and is scarlet in color and as the flower gets older its edges fade to a yellow. Very pretty.

Acre sedum started to bloom July 6th.

There are two semps that I took a picture of this summer that start with A....

Adelmoed Sempervivum...

Akhenhaten Sempervivum...

Aymon Correvon sempervivum's flowers are so tiny and pretty.

Aztec Gold Veronica is a miniature, creeping veronica. I love the yellow coloring of the leaves. Lots of people who toured the yard this summer asked what kind of perennial it was because its leaves stood out in the landscaping.

Brenda

• Crazy_Gardener
    Original Author
    15 years ago

After seeing all these photos, I can't wait till Spring now!
    Wonderful A's Brenda!

Alyssum wulfenianum

{{gwi:704128}}
    Anemone coronaria 'Lord Lieutenant' - I sure hope they make the winter.

Ajuga x tenorii Chocolate Chip (Valfredda)

Allium 'Purple Sensation'

AUBRIETA deltoidea Hendersonii False Rock Cress

Arabis caucasica Rosea

Alcea rosea Hollyhocks

Aconitum fischeri Monkshood

Angelica archangelica

Agastache 'Blue Fortune' - WS'd, not sure if they came out true.

ANDROPOGON gerardi Blue Stem Beard Grass

Achillea filipendulina 'Cloth of Gold'

Aster from Shelley

Amaranthus caudatus Velvet Curtains - these were self sown plants that I just left be.

APRICOT SERENADE Daylily

AUTUMN RED Daylily

ALL AMERICAN WINDMILL - first bloom, hoping it will put a good show on next year.

AGELESS SDB Iris

APACHE CARPET SDB Iris

AUTUMN JESTER SDB Iris - this lit' guy performed all season long!

ALENE'S OTHER LOVE SDB Iris - should be a real show girl when she clumps up.

AZURE SKIES TB Iris - thanks Laurie!

Affection Asiatic Lily

Alex 8 Asiatic Lily

Ariadne Asiatic Lily

Angels Touch Asiatic Lily - this is probably one of my favourite lilies.

AB Bi-color Asiatic Lily - reproduces real fast!

{{gwi:695869}}
    Apricot Pixels Asiatic Lily

Arena Oriental Lily

Agnes Rose

PS> I really like how you can rearrange your photos in photobucket now.

Enjoy!
    Sharon

• sazzyrose
    15 years ago

It is nice to see all the lovely flowers.

My Amaryllis are blooming nicely now.

And this is the reason I have been rather quite lately.
    It's been "A" busy time redoing this "Area"....my living room.
    We ripped out the rug and installed laminate. ("An" early Christmas present from my oldest son). Of course I had to repaint and buy new curtains and stuff. I need to paint the window ledges yet...but not until it warms up. Then I am going to get new blinds as well. I still have the old roller style that are a zillion years old. Roses, lilies and daylilies were always a priority over new blinds.

PS don't you just love my plant shelf too. LOL

Shelley

• Crazy_Gardener
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oh wow your Amaryllis look so beautiful all blooming at the same time! Looks like you got lots of snow in the background?

Living room reno's looks great Shelley, you did a great job!

Sharon

• i_heart_flowers
    15 years ago

I'm a little behind - here's a few A's:

Aster

Amur Maple October

Achillea

Astilbe

Oh yes, Happy New Year everyone!

Cheers!

• savona
    15 years ago

I thought I had better pull myself out of hibernation and get my photobucket pictures cleaned out and up dated..lol. So many of my flowers are yearly dependables and I wont post pictures of them again, I did want to thank Sharon for the arctic campoin seeds (lychnis alpina) that bloomed this year

savona