Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crazy_gardener

Plants & Misc that start with 'E' 2008 Photos

Crazy_Gardener
15 years ago

Well Brenda, I sure I'm enjoying your garden! Keep them coming.

It seems it's only you and I participating in the alphabet threads, it sure would be nice to see the others joining in.

Happy New Year!

Sharon

Comments (3)

• Crazy_Gardener
    Original Author
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Echium vulgare

Euphorbia polychroma Cushion Spurge

Echinocystis lobata Wild Cucumber

Eschscholzia californica California Poppy

Eryngium planum Sea Holly

Echinops ritro Globe Thistle

Echinacea purpurea Primadonna

Echinacea purpurea Purple Coneflower

Eupatorium purpureum ssp. maculatum Gateway

Euphorbia myrsinites Donkey-tail Spurge

EL DESPERADO Daylily

EMPEROR'S DRAGON

EXTRA MTB Iris

ERAMOSA FRECKLES MTB Iris

ELEPHANT FOOTPRINTS SDB Iris

ERAMOSA SKIES SDB Iris

Evina Asiatic Lily

Embarrassment Asiatic Lily

Elodie Asiatic Lily - hopefully this will be more double next year.

Elegant Crown OA Lily

E for Enjoy!
    Sharon

• north53 Z2b MB
    15 years ago

Here's an elm in all its glory. It's my neighbor's tree, and the display usually only lasts one day.

• valleyrimgirl
    15 years ago

Yes, Sharon, everyone else seems to be busy this year. Hopefully they will contribute yet. I love looking at pictures others post, whether it is one or ten pictures. So, here is my E's.....

E is for Estevan. I drove out to Estevan, Saskatchewan and spoke at the local garden club, on perennials in June 2008. I showed a slide presentation of an assortment of perennials I grow in my yard and then also brought along perennials I had divided out of my yard that were labeled, priced and available to purchase by those in attendance. Since there is no local nursery in Estevan to buy perennials at, just Canadian Tire and Walmart, the selection of perennials I brought along went over extremely well. I really enjoyed that trip.

E is for Empty. First is a picture of my old plywood and painted cupboards, empty of everything, and awaiting removal from the kitchen.

{{gwi:724709}}

Next are the Empty new cupboards. Huge and wonderful!!! We moved the fridge to be in the center of where the old cupboards were and made the new cupboards the same depth as the fridge. The corner cupboard now holds all the large tupperware.

{{gwi:724711}}

E is for Edge of garden. This picture was taken in spring 2008. I landscaped this area fully in the fall of 2008. I placed a daylily between each tulip, mulched with flax and in the background beside the platform I planted irises, semps, an ITOH peony, more daylilies and other various perennials.

E is for Entrance. This is the entrance to our sunroom. The original old door (that was on the small porch that we ripped apart and replaced with a sunroom) will be eventually replaced with patio doors of some sort as you can see on the outline on the sunroom.

E is for Eating....This squirrel was in the oak trees just outside our sunroom one day. He was very upset that I was by the window inside taking pictures of him eating. But, I got some good pictures of him, including one I am currantly using as my screensaver.

{{gwi:703992}}

E is for Ewes awaiting their turn to be sheared at our neighbors in May.

{{gwi:692384}}

Emerald Lace Plectranthus is a new purchase last summer for my plectranthus collection. I found it at Superstore, of all places.

Epimedium (Bishops Hat) is so dainty.

Etoile Violet Clematis is climbing on an old wicker headboard in the flowerbeds. I found the wicker a few summers ago at my daughter's apartment block leaning against the garbage container. After a week of it still being there I decided it looked better in my yard with clematis climbing on it.

Eenie Weenie Daylily has a 1.75" golden yellow flower and only gets about 10" high. It is a great plant for a perennial border along with You Angel You Daylily.

E is for Edge. Here is the Edge of a daylily, Light Years Away. Notice the gold Edge on it.

Entrapment Daylily is just a new purchase last summer...

Exotic Candy Daylily is also new last summer...

El Nino Hosta has thick bluish green leaves with a white edge...

Elegans Hosta is planted at the base of a maple tree which apparently is not a great spot for it according to the discussions on the Hosta Forum about maple trees and hostas. Next summer I plan on watering it faithfully and we will see how large it will get then.

Here is the Elegans Hostas flower...

Emerald Tiara Hosta is looking good already. It is making a nice little display in the flowerbed.

Erromena Hosta is a bonus hosta that I got from Floral and Hardy in 2007 with my order of daylilies.

Now for a few irises...

Elfin Magic is a white MDB iris.

Extra Iris, MDB, is so very bright and cheery. I love it! I know that you posted a picture of it Sharon, but I had to show my pictures too since it is one of my favorite irises. Top view...

Front view of Extra Iris.

Eyes For You Iris was an iris I received by mistake on an iris order. It is a burgundy colored SDB. I think it would look very nice next to an iris, such as Forever Violet.

Now, lilies...

I only have one lily that is a new one to bloom this year...Echo lily is a very dainty lily.

Erubescens Orostachys I just bought this past summer. I wonder how it will like our cold winters here...

Emily Carr Rose is only two years old. This flower was blooming on the plant for a long long time.

I have one sedum that starts with E...Ewersii Sedum...

Sempervivums will change color throughout the year. There are a few E Sempervivums here in the yard.

Edge of Night Semp in the fall of 2007.

Same one, Edge of Night, in the spring of 2008. This picture is a bit fuzzy, so I will retake it this spring. notice though the difference the time of year makes to this sempervivum.

Eureka Sempervivums flower... I missed taking a picture of the semp itself. hmmmm...next year.

El Cid Tulip is a very colorful tulip. No two flowers are the same.

Hope you all enjoyed the pictures. Off to getting my F's ready to post.

Brenda

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County