Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
weeper_11

Peony and garden pics

weeper_11
12 years ago

It won't be long before the 2 places I want to order peonies from have their listings up...I have an idea of where I want to put them, but I would love to see how you all have integrated your peonies into your landscape(or even if you just have a group planting of peonies). If you have some nice pics of individual peonies that might sway my opinion on what to get, or a particular recommendation based on some other critera, please post as well!

I wish I could afford to buy more right of the bat, but this will be a slow acquiring process...

Comments (7)

• marricgardens
    12 years ago

Weeper: I'm not sure where you are located but check out my posting 2 down. They are selling out their peonies and some are at good prices. I have bought from them and find them to be very good. Marg

• Ginny McLean_Petite_Garden
    12 years ago

Weeper, I posted on Marg's post by accident. I used to order from The Peony Garden but havn't since Ken passed away. His son has taken over and I don't know what is what with even the website. Ken was really good at his craft.:)

Marg ~ Haven't checked out Lilies iIn The Valley yet.

Ginny

• weeper_11
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, Ginny, for the link, I love looking at your pics! Especially the light pink one at the end.

I would love to hear what you grow, can you post here, or do you need my email address?

My list so far is as follows; I know many of them are very similar, I'll intend to narrow it down to 5-6 by February.

From Parkland Perennials:
    A. B. Franklin
    Buckeye Belle
    August Dessert
    Do Tell
    Fancy Nancy
    Elsa Sass or Mrs. E Harding or Mother's Choice
    La France
    Pillow Talk

From La Pivoinerie:
    Belleville
    Bev
    Mme de Verneville
    Noemie Demay
    Ramona Lins

And whatever else I convince myself to buy. I'll probably wait on itoh's, unless I see some great sales this year. I'm thinking of eventually planting them in a hedge, interplanted with roses. We'll see.

12 years ago

That one is Angel Cheeks and again, the picture says nothing about it's beauty in the garden! One of my favorites! Long lasting too. I didn't get great pics of my beauties in bloom last year and we had a great season for them so I will do my best this spring. I picked many and gave them away! Viking Chief was one of them and I have 2 of them! I also have many that have not bloomed yet as they are not mature enough. Most of my peonies come from Parkland as they are easy for me to access in person. And I can take the dogs for a run. :) Bob also has awesome hardy daylilies which are just amazing to see in full bloom.

Weeper ~ My list is very long so it would probably be best to email. Here's mine.

gardenofangels200@shaw.ca

Ginny

• Pudge 2b
    12 years ago

I'm glad to see that you have Buckeye Belle on your list - that is one beautiful peony.

I got the Lindenburgh catalogue yesterday and was very glad to see that they have the Itoh peony, Bartzella, for a very reasonable price ($40). I've been coveting it for quite a while, particularly because it's yellow, but wasn't willing to spend the $200 or $300 that it was initially selling for.

Speaking of yellow peonies, I got Laura Dessert from Parkland about 3 years ago and it's beautiful.

Do Tell is another one I've been wanting to get, every time I see a photo of it I start thinking about where I could plant one.

• north53 Z2b MB
    12 years ago

So now you've given me a reason to make the trek to the Post Office, Pudge. I've been waiting for Lindenberg's catalogue. I can usually find something in there to try.

12 years ago

Oh I really don't need another catalogue but that is one I don't get. *squinching my eyes* They must have a website???

Pudge, I bought Bartzella from T&T about 3 years ago and she hasn't bloomed yet but maybe this year. I'll take a picture when she comes up. I think I paid 35 bucks for her. Even though I rarely purchase peonies from mail order catalogues, T&T are not too bad and this one was a winner. We'll just see if she handles -40C winters.....:/

Ginny

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner