My Bubble Booties

Pudge 2b
15 years ago

Or alternatively titled ... No, NOW I've seen everything

Here is a link that might be useful: my bubble booties *** scroll down a bit

Comments (15)

• Crazy_Gardener
    15 years ago

Oooooooooooooh my, I've seen everything now too!

I'd wear them if I could walk in them! LOL

Sharon

• glen3a
    15 years ago

In the 1970's didn't they have similar disco shoes with goldfish in them? Bizarre. Maybe they can be made into miniature terrariums.

• jungseed
    15 years ago

when you get to the doctor's office with a broken leg, do you say you fell off your shoe or your planter?

• Pudge 2b
    Original Author
    15 years ago

That is just so crazy - fashion is just NUTS sometimes.

Okay, you all are probably going to howl laughing BUT, I did fall off my platform shoes once and landed up in a cast with a cracked bone on the top of my foot. I think I was about 15 - I don't remember just how it happened but I sure remember the cast and crutches.

• xtreme_gardener
    15 years ago

Those are hilarious, Pudge...but kinda cute too! Who needs to frolic in fields of wildflowers when you can just carry them around in your shoes! lol

• jungseed
    15 years ago

guess I'm showing my age, but who wants to look at the bottom of MY feet to see pretty flowers????

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    15 years ago

Hey, Ruth - how did your tomatoes do this summer? It was a lousy one, wasn't it? Rain, rain, rain!

Re: zone 2b - i'm in total denial about that. I started out in 3b and i'm staying there! LOL

• jungseed
    15 years ago

I got ZERO tomatoes from my two plants - one plant got hit with a falling tree limb during a storm and the bear got my one ripening (orange at the time) tomato. He ate the green fruits also. So I got nothing.
    I'll let you stay in 3b, we'll say you have a micro climate at your house. But I don't believe you when I watch it snow the first week of Oct. every year.
    I'll send you a PM about sending you some seeds from our catalogs later. Don't want to discuss our catalogs in an open forum.

• sierra_z2b
    15 years ago

Ummm well its to late you already discussed your catalogs in an open forum. LOL

Marcia, Are you living in the bubble still? Someone make this 7 feet of snow go away!!!! sigh I know I know, its good cover for the garden, but this gardener wants SPRING!!!

Bubble Booties, to funny.

Sierra

15 years ago

Sierra, do a sun dance, quick! I'm staying in a warm bubble, believe me - it's currently -30 out there and the windchill is 10 degrees more. Or less. Whatever. Too freaking cold!

Ruth, i got a few tomatoes but nothing to brag about. I'm thinking of going along with Pudge and trying the Polfast or something different this year. And i have to relocate the plants as well - i had them in with my asparagus but i think there's now too much asparagus fern shading the tomatoes. One excuse, anyway. :) Looking forward to hearing from you!

• sierra_z2b
    15 years ago

Marcia, I don't think I can dance in these shoes. Eeekkss, I don't think I can even move. :O I'll leave the dancin' to Pudge.

It warmed up here and turned to rain. Now its so slippery we can hardly walk down the driveway. My driveway in on a hill. Now its supposed to get cold. This should be fun for a while. De-icer here we come.

Sierra

15 years ago

Hard on the flowers in those shoes this time of year too, eh, Sierra? :>

• jungseed
    15 years ago

I guess flowers would be better than the goldfish this time of year.

• sierra_z2b
    15 years ago

LOL!!!

Sierra

• prairierose
    15 years ago

Do you think they slosh when you walk?

Connie