Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Memorial flower/plant

Posted by marciaz3 Tropical3/NWOnt (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 23, 08 at 11:13

The president of our horticultural club has just lost her daughter (aged 36) to leukemia. We thought it would be nice to give her a plant of some kind by which to remember her, and i'm looking for suggestions. The daughter's name was Kendra and she loved horses. There are so many lilies and daylilies with names and maybe some of you can come up with something right away. I'll be looking at different sites myself, but if you have a suggestion, i'd like to hear it.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Memorial flower/plant

Sorry to hear that Marcia.

There is a daylily called Wild Horses and Kendra Jannell.

o

Thanks, Sharon - do you know where either one of them are available?

o

That is sad news Marcia.

Monfort daylilies has 'Wild Horses' for $35, and also 'Wild Mustang' for $9. I'll give the link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Montfort Daylilies

o

Thanks so much for the links and the ideas. I would love to be able to get the daylily that's actually called "Kendra" but so far i haven't found anywhere in Canada that it's available. While searching, though, i found a hosta called 'Remember Me' and thought that might be appropriate. Royalties from that particular hosta are donated to breast cancer research, also appropriate even though Kendra died of leukemia.

When we make a decision, i'll let you know. Thanks again!

o

Marcia, I found a few more that could work. These are all daylilies from Gardeness Gardens:

Angel on my Shoulder
Chosen Love
Heavenly Treasure

I believe they're all under $12 too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gardeness Gardens

o
Light of Heaven

I also found 'Light of Heaven' at Montfort for $15.

Here is a link that might be useful: Montfort daylilies

o

Thanks again so much! We'll be meeting again in a couple of weeks and i'll bring the suggestions in then and we'll decide as a group what to get. :)

o

• Posted by savona z2bBCCanada (My Page) on
    Fri, Jan 25, 08 at 12:54

I wish I had a suggestion but only have condolences..I hope you can find what you are looking for..savona

o

Thank you, Savona. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here