Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plant Finder Tool Website

Posted by seaottercove 2b BC (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 8, 11 at 12:45

I happened to come across this neat website. You can enter what your search parameters are and it will then give you a list of what trees, shrubs, vines, grasses or perennials will fit your requirements. You enter your plant characteristics, landscape attributes, ornamental features and site conditions and this gives you your list. It is based on a private nurseries stock of plants or what they could get in for their customers so it is somewhat limited. You won't find it suggesting anything rare, unusual or really new, but it is a good place to go to get an idea for that spot you don't know what to do with.

Syreeta

Here is a link that might be useful: Carletonplace Nursery Plant Finder Tool

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plant Finder Tool Website

• Posted by glen3a Winnipeg MB 3A (My Page) on
    Mon, Jan 10, 11 at 6:58

I am not sure, but I believe that various nurseries have that search feature and it may have been developed by the following site. Anyway, just thought I'd mention this site as it's a good resource for research and winter reading.

Here is a link that might be useful: Northscaping

o
RE: Plant Finder Tool Website

If you look closely they are the same search tool. I think it is licensed from Northscaping.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here