Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
celtic_07

happy new year

celtic_07
14 years ago

Happy new year to everyone .I'd like to thank everyone for the sharing of all the fabulous ideas, pictures and especially the vast knowledge and experiences.

We are having a great white Xmas and holiday season in the great Northern Ontario area. Xmas was very mild here(-7C ) or so. We has quite the snow fall for a day or two and everything was covered in a white blanket. The trees looked great covered in several inches of snow.

I must admit I haven't looked at any of the seed cat.'s at all yet!Shame on me- I'm certain many of you have already ordered everything.

I just had to throw outside 2 banana trees I'd been growing all year as the became covered in aphids. I still have 2 more that at fine but I treated them any way.

Grandkids are coming soon for an overnighter so need to rest up-ha ha ha .

May everyone find Peace Joy and renewed energy in the months to come.Rest and recharge for the coming months of GARDENING---Hoorah. Actually I'm glad I don't live a zone of 12 month gardening as I'm sure I would eventually find I'd planted myself .

Best to all Lois

Comments (3)

• oilpainter
    14 years ago

Happy belated New years to you too. I too live in northern Ontario--The Sudbury area to be exact.

I could have done without the weather around Christmas--We had worries about our son and family traveling back home after Christmas. A few more days of sunshine wouldn't have come amiss, but I guess when you live in the north it is to be expected.

I have ordered all my seeds for the coming spring. That is usually the first order of business in the New Year. Then I suffer through February--the worst month of the year--and wait for spring.

You might want to check out Park seeds in the States. They have a lot of specials of seeds, now and the exchange rate on the dollar is much less than the GST.

Happy gardening!!!

• FrozeBudd_z3/4
    14 years ago

Hi Lois ... the best to you and all others here in 2010 :)

We have a nice blanket of snow here in central Alberta, the weather has been very cold and rather raw feeling of late, though finally we're getting a break with some nice mild temperatures upon us.

"Actually I'm glad I don't live a zone of 12 month gardening as I'm sure I would eventually find I'd planted myself." ... I totally agree! Our northern growing season is so intense and the days so long, that I'm totally bummed by the end of the season! When those late autumn days become nippy and the ground begins to freeze and the gardening chores have been wrapped up, I'm then so ready and needing of the break ... though, winter is really way tooooo long!

I hope the Parks catalogue soon arrives!

Terry

• oilpainter
    14 years ago

tworosz:
    If you haven't got your Parks catalogue yet I'd check with them. I got mine the end of Nov. and put my order in Dec. 17th Right now my order is in the mail and I expect it any day,

Though I had the catalogue I ordered on line and found it much simpler and easier. They have a lot of deals some under $1 and with our dollar almost at par they are good buys

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz