Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grovegreenguy

Enough snow ?

FrozeBudd_z3/4
13 years ago

There's a full sized garden bench under there, somewhere!

The driveway and walks require clearing yet again ... just wake me up when spring arrives, lol!

{{gwi:728025}}

Comments (10)

• nutsaboutflowers
    13 years ago

We got dumped on and drifted in once again, too.

The one thing that keeps me from losing it though, is the thought of my new shrubs being nicely insulated by all the snow.

Hmmm. I'll wake you when spring comes if I'm out of hybernation before you =:)

• Konrad___far_north
    13 years ago

This looks nice Terry!
    I might have to wake up both of you.
    It's mostly fluff, [good insulator] but doesn't amount for much water.
    But I shouldn't complain, looks already better then last year, ....I'm
    shooting for double amount.

I was digging out last night

Konrad

• beegood_gw
    13 years ago

Yep nothing but snow here too. Still coming down

• nutsaboutflowers
    13 years ago

We have drifts of snow on part of the roof that stick out a foot past the eaves. They hang down sort of like Konrad's tree.

So, in answer to your question, Yes, Enough Snow Already ! =:)

• FrozeBudd_z3/4
    Original Author
    13 years ago

The snow pack has really dropped with having received several days of temps up to + 11 C and a couple episodes of moderate rain. Being up in the rolling hills near Spruce Grove, my temps are often that of or warmer than recorded in downtown Edmonton. What had been a deep 3 ft blanket of snow, this has now been reduced to about 2 ft ... thankfully, there won't be so much to melt away come March ... well, who knows what's still ahead!

Back to the return of cold ... for now.

• Konrad___far_north
    13 years ago

Wow...11, time to ware shorts! The fluffy snow got packed down, now we have room for some more.

• northspruce
    13 years ago

We got 8" last week and I can't even see the bumps where I covered my roses in the front yard - this makes me happy. :)

Here in MB next to the good old Red River we're worried about flooding this spring. I don't think my property would ever flood but it affects the whole community and local economy when it happens.

Today it was +2 and the snowpack slumped a lot.

• beegood_gw
    13 years ago

Snow actually packed down enuff so I could go X/C skiing in the pasture. Hope to get out to the Blackfoot one of these days.

• booberry85
    13 years ago

Yes, I think we've had enough snow! I just got a brand new 4 WD Honda CR-V. So driving in the snow is less of a problem. Love the new car. At 116" plus of snow, I could use a little breather.

These are the totals from a local TV station. I live about 25 miles south of Syracuse. We've gotten more than the 116".

2010-2011 Season Snowfall Totals
    By Weather WKTV

Story Created: Nov 10, 2010 at 7:55 AM EST

Story Updated: Jan 31, 2011 at 10:30 AM EST

Another abundant week of snowfall and cold temperatures across Central New York. Here's a look at the snowfall list as of January 31st:
    Location Total
    Syracuse (NWS) 116.6" (+48.7")
    Point Rock (MG) 101.7"
    Sherburne (Jeff) 98.1"
    Oriskany Falls (Art) 93.0"
    Marcy (Matt) 71.6"
    Westmoreland (Tony) 66.1"
    Whitesboro (Rob) 65.0"
    Holland Patent (Chris) 64.0"
    South Utica 61.5"
    Utica (Official) 58.7" (-1.1")

Each Monday throughout the winter, we'll update local snowfall totals. If you have a season snowfall total to report, send us an email to weather@wktv.com, before 10AM Monday morning. Season snowfall totals more than four weeks old may be removed.

• Konrad___far_north
    13 years ago

Well heck...then we better get more to beat some of these levels.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES