Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wow, anybody else basking in the warm temps?

Posted by pudge 2/3 Sask (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 4, 08 at 16:45

It seems like the first week of January is always the coldest, meanest week of the year. Not this year (yay!). It's just above freezing here now, the sun has been shining all afternoon, and tomorrow is supposed to be even a little warmer. Okay, so it's not T-shirt weather, but hey, it IS January.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wow, anybody else basking in the warm temps?

Every warm day here in our prairie provinces in winter is one less day of cold. So, I will take it also.

It is nice to be able to walk outside without having to put on a jacket or mitts in order to get something from the vehicle or play with the dogs for a few minutes.

Brenda

o

It feels like March, not January! :)

o

This is just wonderful, wouldn't it be nice if it lasted till Spring!

+3C tomorrow ;)

Sharon

o

We are entering the coldest time of the year, at least average temperature wise, so any day of mild temperatures is welcome.

I always find it interesting, however, how it can vary so much from year to year. I mean, today January 4th was -4C, next year January 4th might be -40C or anywhere in between. I don't think summer has such wide fluctuations from year to year. I guess it shows what a difference it can make depending on whether we have a mild southerly airflow or cold arctic airflow.

Glen

o

Spring weather has hit here as well. I wish winter was over.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here