Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brieen

feedback on Lindenberg seeds

brieen
14 years ago

Has any one ordered plants from Lindenberg Seeds in Brandon Manitoba? Were you happy with their plants. I have ordered seeds several times and received good service.

They offer several perrenials I want but I have been stung several times from other mail order companies, so I am hesitant to order much from a company I am not familiar with.

Comments (9)

• mitanoff
    14 years ago

Check out:
    http://D@vesgarden.com/products/gwd/c/385/
    (replace the @ with an 'a')
    I would order perennials from them again. It's the only company I think I would order from again for perennials. My experience with other "unspecialized" mail order companies was not as good.

• north53 Z2b MB
    14 years ago

Overall, because their prices are so reasonable and their customer service is good, and the fact that I don't have any nurseries in my area, I am willing to take the chance and order perennials from them.

My method is to pot up the perennials when I receive them and only plant them in their permanent home once I'm sure of the weather conditions. That way I can put them outside and bring them in if need be. The plants are small, but usually in good condition. Last year I received my plants way too early, but it was an unusual year. Another potential problem is they don't let you know when they're being shipped. I hate it when they sit in the post office all weekend.

Here's a picture of one of the plants from last year.
    It is a pulmonaria.

Every year, I usually order a couple of new perennials. They always seem to have something I would like to try. By the time I add a few seeds and other supplies, I can usually meet their minimum to qualify for the free shipping.
    Now you've got me having a second look at the catalogue to see what I can order,lol.

Here's another selection from them from a few years ago.

It is a Jacob's Ladder. The picture doesn't do it justice.

• Laurie_z3_MB
    14 years ago

Well, considering I live in Brandon, maybe I'm a little biased, but overall their perennials are a good value for the money. They are typically smaller, but seem to grow quite well after being planted out.

Like North53, I too would pot the plants up first and get them growing well before finding a permanent home. Most of them thrived.

• denwendairy
    14 years ago

I have ordered from Lindenberg a number of times. I received my seed order last week for the 2010 season. I've always had great service with no issues. I'm waiting for a few backordered packets but have a bit of time before I get concerned.
    Incidentally, I really like the Lindenberg branded seed starter mix-much better than what you'll find at most retail stores.

• donna_jj
    14 years ago

I have ordered many times from Lindenberg for plants, bulbs etc.. and have always had good results. Their catalogue is not fussy or full of glossy photos, but the plants have always been true to their description, arrived on time and I have not yet had any problems with them.

• Pudge 2b
    14 years ago

Wow, Marie, that Jacob's Ladder is beautiful!

• north53 Z2b MB
    14 years ago

Thanks Sharon,
    I got it in 2007. It's one of those perennials that looks great for the entire season, in bloom or not. I really like it. I think it is called Stairway to Heaven.

• debbiecz3
    14 years ago

I ordered perennials last year for the first time from them. Several of the named varieties I ordered were substituted which disappointed me; that being said the plants were reasonably priced and in decent shape. I will try them once more this year and see what happens.

• sazzyrose
    14 years ago

I have had always good luck with Lindenberg. I agree that there plants are a little smaller...but if they grow and flourish, who cares.
    They are good with money back if the plants do not grow or are mislabeled too.
    And to avoid getting substitutes....just put on the order "No Substitutions". I do this almost always. lol

Sponsored
Columbus' Home Design Experts Specializing in Custom Cabinets