Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bemidjigreen

So what have you ordered so far?

bemidjigreen
12 years ago

Hi all--I used to stalk this board quite abit but grad school really dampened my enthusiasm for gardening so I was in survival mode for the last couple of years. Now, the end of school is near and I am dreaming of spring and hitting the plant catalogs hard! So what and where have you ordered so far this year? I've placed orders with pickering, bluestone and prairie moon nursery thus far.

Spent far too much money, but its been a while so what the heck. Heres just a smattering of what I ordered--some are new to me and some are long loves:

Stylophorum diphyllum (Celandine Poppy)

Callirhoe bushii (Bush's Poppy Mallow)

HEUCHERA Pretty Polly

Sedum hispanicum Blue Carpet

Orange Mothersday Rose (new to me)

Hope For Humanity Rose (new to me)

Grootendorst Supreme Rose (new to me)

Cuthbert Grant Rose (new to me)

Winnepeg Parks Rose

What has caught your eye this year?

Comments (4)

• bemidjigreen
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Oops forgot to add I ordered from brushwood nursery too--
    Clematis Polish Spirit
    Clematis Ville de Lyon
    Both are new to me and discovered here in the lovely pics posted by you all.

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    12 years ago

Lost my list - ha ha! I've just ordered seeds from William Dam, and some seeds from McFayden as well as:
    Hemerocallis 'Think Pink' for my granddaughter
    Peony 'Red Charm'
    Two roses, 'Bill Reid' and 'Prairie Snowdrift'.

Today at Walmart, i bought a pack of 5 bleeding hearts and some calla lilies, both because my granddaughter wants them. I keep saying i don't have room for anything else.... :>

• mytime
    12 years ago

I was making an order and came up with the dreaded "won't ship to Alaska" sign...I get so frustrated with that. But on the bright side, I went seed shopping locally yesterday, and got most of the seeds I wanted cheaper, anyway. My favorite place to buy seeds locally sells Seeds of Change, Renee's Garden, and Johnny's Seeds at a discount, plus buy 4 get 1 free. AND they didn't have one of the tomatoes I wanted; fortunately they had just put in an order to Renee's Garden, so picked up the phone while I was there and had it added to their order. Now that is service! For anyone reading this in the Anchorage/Valley area, if you haven't checked out Far North Garden Supply for those hard to find seeds, you might try them.
    I'm trying growing artichokes from seed this year. I grew them a couple of years ago, but someone else had started the plants and done the difficult work. I hope the ones I start do as well as those did. I also found cayenne pepper seeds yesterday...there are lots of pepper seeds around, but I haven't found cayenne for a couple of years. It's one of my favorite peppers for drying and adding to anything and everything I cook!

• freezengirl
    12 years ago

How strange is this:I am in Alaska but going back to my home outside Bemidji next month! It is messing up my gardening in two states, haven't been able to plan for much of anything. I did order some more lily bulbs though for shipment to MN. My daughter is a gardener too and has been care-taking our property for us.
    @Bemidjigreen-The Hope For Humanity rose, Cuthbert Grant and the Winnepeg Parks all are beautiful roses that grew well for me in the Bemidji and International Falls area. The HHR is the most incredibly gorgeous deep velvety color.

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida