Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aliciahere_zone3a

Newbie!

aliciahere_zone3a
12 years ago

Hello everybody! Stumbled upon Gardenweb with regards to Winter sowing, and discovered this section also - I am very excited. I am a newbie gardener just outside of Edmonton, with many years of apprenticing. I have many, many questions, which I will probably post in separate posts. My priority will be a veggie garden this year. I would just like to say hello to everybody out there, and please forgive me for all my questions! Thanx!

Comments (12)

• northspruce
    12 years ago

Hi! Welcome! We love questions. :D

• FrozeBudd_z3/4
    12 years ago

Hello aliciahere, welcome to the Far North Forum, this is often a rather active and fun forum with several including myself being from the Edmonton region.

Terrance

• Pudge 2b
    12 years ago

Glad to see you found the Far North forum, welcome :)

We used to have an intro thread, the original is still out there somewhere and here is the most recent

Here is a link that might be useful: roll call

• Konrad___far_north
    12 years ago

Welcome and happy growing!

• Ginny McLean_Petite_Garden
    12 years ago

Welcome to the forum and welcome to gardening in Edmonton! And welcome to winter! We knew it had to come didn't we? :)

Ginny

• aliciahere_zone3a
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you so much for the welcome! It really is nice to find an active forum like this. Ginny - I know, I know! I always say that winter lasts till the end of March, but it almost had me fooled!

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    12 years ago

Welcome from me as well. As Terry said, this is an active forum. :) Feel free to ask questions, and check out the Roll Call thread that Pudge linked.

• freezengirl
    12 years ago

Welcome! This is by far one of the most helpful and friendly forums on GW.

• savona
    12 years ago

HHHMMM..how did I miss this post? ..welcome aliciahere.this is a friendly forum with a lot of great gardening advice...Jean

• bdgardener
    12 years ago

Hi and welcome, I love this forum, lots of great advice and experience, wisdom and encouragement. No question is a dumb question we have all asked them. I can't wait for the season to begin. Cheryl

• aliciahere_zone3a
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you so much for all the warm welcomes! Everybody here is so welcoming and generous (and drama free which is so rare to find in a forum these days). I have been dreaming of my garden for over a month, and I am so excited for the season.

• Ginny McLean_Petite_Garden
    12 years ago

So much fun to have met you and have the pleasure of contributing to your garden, Alicia! Just as soon as this silly cold leaves my body, I will give you a tour around the grounds here. Can't wait to start digging up the yard! Ginny

Sponsored
Yellowlite
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Chicago's Leading Clean Energy & Solar Panel Provider