Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
konrad___far_north

April 18, 2009 Scionwood Exchange at the Devonian Botanic Garden

Konrad___far_north
15 years ago

This is our annual informal fruit growing club scion wood exchange of various fruits, mostly apples,

plums, pears and cherries, for only a few dollars, money is used for our expenses.

Anybody who likes to come and want scion and a little grafting lessons are pleased to come!

Keep an eye on this thread, there might be an update with more information?

Konrad

Comments (4)

• beegood_gw
    15 years ago

I'll be there. Want to see how all this is done.You'll post the times eh?

• april9
    15 years ago

Thank you for the update. I'll be there.

April9

• Konrad___far_north
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Here ist the newsletter

THE U OF A DEVONIAN BOTANIC GARDEN FRUIT GROWERS GROUP
    ANNOUNCING THE 2009, SPRING SCION WOOD and SEED EXCHANGE!

Apples, Pears, Plums, Apricots, Grapes, Cherries, Honeyberries, Gooseberries etc.

Saturday, April 18, 2009 at The Devonian Botanic Garden! ( At the DBG "Jump into Spring" Event )
    10:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
    Happy (Looking Forward To) Spring? to all those associated with our DBG Fruit Growers Group!
    I donÂt know whether it was just me or did, we had a COLD winter?
    Where is that Global Warming when you really need it?

I am reminded that it is time to collect the scion wood for the spring grafting season.
    I have collected some of my cultivars but have a lot more to gather up.

I encourage all of our regular associates to bring your common as well as the more rare scion wood.
    It would be helpful if everyone would bring a list of all the scion wood varieties and a wish list for easy reference.

This event is a great opportunity to meet and network with a like-minded horticultural crowd and perhaps pick up an idea or two for the upcoming growing season.
    I really look forward to seeing the old and meeting new growers each year.

For the last few years, our booth has been one of the most popular of all the attending associations, so there appears to be a growing interest in growing fruit trees in our area.
    The request for grafting demonstrations was much in demand so I would request that you bring some material for this purpose. It is much easier to explain with a little show and tell.

You may wish have some business cards to give out to new contacts in case they have future questions about fruit growing.

Although it was a bit of a zoo last year, I think that we shall keep the format the same for the exchange.

I thought that perhaps we would hold the exchange meeting for our associates, privately before we begin the public opening, at say about 10:30 AM.

The price guide should be $2.00 per stick of 3 to 5 buds as a guide.
    Bring lots of Toonies!

If you have rootstock seed for sale bring that as well.
    I have some apricot and black walnut seed from last summer, of which I will have a limited supply available.

There will be coffee available but you may wish to bring some snacks for the day.
    If you have any thoughts or questions please e-mail me.

For The DBG Fruit Growers Group,
    Wayne Fuhr

• Konrad___far_north
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Bump

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!