Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marricgardens

Gardening quotes - lets hear em

marricgardens
11 years ago

"My green thumb came only as a result of the mistakes I made while learning to see things from the plant's point of view." . . . H. Fred Dale

"Plant and your spouse plants with you; weed and you weed alone." . . . Dennis Breeze

"Gardens are not made by singing 'Oh, how beautiful,' and sitting in the shade." . . . Rudyard Kipling

"In every gardener there is a child who believes in The Seed Fairy." . . . Robert Brault

"Gardening requires lots of water--most of it in the form of perspiration." . . . Lou Erickson

"Where flowers bloom, so does hope." . . . Lady Bird Johnson

"Gardening is a matter of your enthusiasm holding up until your back gets used to it." . . . Author Unknown

"There are no gardening mistakes, only experiments." . . . Janet Kilburn Phillips

"Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes." . . . Author Unknown

"When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant." . . . Author Unknown

"More than anything, I must have flowers, always, always." . . . Claude Monet

I suppose that for most people one of the darker joys of gardening is that once you've got started it's not at all hard to find someone who knows a little bit less than you." . . . Allen Lacey

"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses." . . . Abraham Lincoln

"A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken." . . . James Dent

"Gardening is an exercise in optimism." . . . Author Unknown

If I could only grow green stuff in my garden like I can in my refrigerator" . . . Author Unknown

Any to add? Marg

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida