Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gardening quotes - lets hear em

Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 15, 13 at 8:45

"My green thumb came only as a result of the mistakes I made while learning to see things from the plant's point of view." . . . H. Fred Dale

"Plant and your spouse plants with you; weed and you weed alone." . . . Dennis Breeze

"Gardens are not made by singing 'Oh, how beautiful,' and sitting in the shade." . . . Rudyard Kipling

"In every gardener there is a child who believes in The Seed Fairy." . . . Robert Brault

"Gardening requires lots of water--most of it in the form of perspiration." . . . Lou Erickson

"Where flowers bloom, so does hope." . . . Lady Bird Johnson

"Gardening is a matter of your enthusiasm holding up until your back gets used to it." . . . Author Unknown

"There are no gardening mistakes, only experiments." . . . Janet Kilburn Phillips

"Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes." . . . Author Unknown

"When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant." . . . Author Unknown

"More than anything, I must have flowers, always, always." . . . Claude Monet

I suppose that for most people one of the darker joys of gardening is that once you've got started it's not at all hard to find someone who knows a little bit less than you." . . . Allen Lacey

"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses." . . . Abraham Lincoln

"A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken." . . . James Dent

"Gardening is an exercise in optimism." . . . Author Unknown

If I could only grow green stuff in my garden like I can in my refrigerator" . . . Author Unknown

Any to add? Marg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gardening quotes - lets hear em

Love the one "gardening is cheaper than therapy" so true

o

You can bury a lot of troubles digging in the dirt. ~ Unknown Author

My favorite :)

Ginny Garden

o

“I like flowers, I also like children, but I do not chop their heads and keep them in bowls of water around the house.” ~ George Bernard Shaw

"If trees could scream, I bet we wouldn't be so cavalier about cutting them down. Unless they screamed all the time for no reason, that is." ~ Jack Handey

o

• Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
    Fri, Mar 15, 13 at 11:53

Those are great. I love yours Ginny, so true. I like the one about the trees to.

o

Great thread - I love quotes, and especially garden quotes.

This is one of my favorites: "I appreciate the misunderstanding I have had with Nature over my perennial border. I think it is a flower garden; she thinks it is a meadow lacking grass, and tries to correct the error." ~Sara Stein, My Weeds, 1988

"God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done." ~Author Unknown

This is a good reason to plant some flowers with the veggies: "A vegetable garden in the beginning looks so promising and then after all little by little it grows nothing but vegetables, nothing, nothing but vegetables."
Gertrude Stein

"A good garden may have some weeds."
Thomas Fuller

And this is my personal quote: "A good friend, a dog, a garden, a book, and a glass of wine makes for a very good life." Luckygal

photo AutumnJoysedumsmall-1.jpg

o

No ray of sunlight is ever lost, but the green it wakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to live to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith. -Albert Schweitzer

Everything that slows us down and forces patience, everything that sets us back into the slow circles of nature, is a help. Gardening is an instrument of grace. - May Sarton

God gave us memories that we may have roses in December.-J. M. Barrie

I love the one that Ginny mentioned - so true! Gardens are so therapeutic! *sigh* Come on, spring!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here