Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ginny_mclean_petite_garden

Spring is officially here!

Happy Spring everyone! Cool here this morning but spring non the less! I hope everyone is looking forward to a long warm spring and a bug free summer! Lol! I can dream can't I? :)

Ginny

Comments (11)

• FrozeBudd_z3/4
    12 years ago

We've been missing out on the surprising early heatwave to the east of us, though yes, none the less spring has arrived and the forecast isn't looking too bad for this region ... though, just hope it doesn't go and play a trick on us! Here's also to hoping we receive a warmer spring and summer as compared to last year.

• mytime
    12 years ago

The temp this am and the heavy frost on my deck and car are disagreeing with the calendar!

• savona
    12 years ago

We had -3 this morning and it is warming up quickly. I am hoping we get above the +6 they have predicted. The sunshine feels great.
    Jean

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    12 years ago

It's here with a vengeance! We had a couple of days with temperatures in the 20s and the teens before and after. The snow has just about all gone (see photos in the gallery), and there are actually crocuses blooming in a bed in front of our school.

Sorry to hog it all - i hope we don't pay for this later!

• bdgardener
    12 years ago

The gophers are out and there are some green dandelions. C

• freezengirl
    12 years ago

As much joy as I feel for all of you with the arrival of some reasonable spring weather-I feel equally jealous. :-)

The sun is shining here today for the second day in a row, maybe 1/2 dozen sunshine days all winter. I have veritable mountains of snow all around me. They ran out of room to put snow here in my community because we had so much this year. Right now there is at least 6 feet of snow covering my garden area...sigh. We have to go back to MN at the end of April for an extended period of time. We need to vacate our little apartment here so I am hoping and praying we have some of the snow melt off by then. It won't be very pleasant trying to empty the furniture if this sticks around which looks likely this year. On the other hand, my daughter tells me that back in MN the weather is as wonderful as it is unusual, she is already starting the spring clean up in the gardens there.

• Ginny McLean_Petite_Garden
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Holy SNOW! Well, that was a short spring, summer and fall! Winter has returned and we didn't even have to wait till the May long weekend! :) Much needed moisture and it is kinda pretty so I guess I will do a few more quilt squares........ maybe I'll start a garden journal?? :)

Terry, is it just me or does there seem to be a trend starting??? :)

Ginny

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    12 years ago

I was afraid of things returning to normal, and they're going to for a week - still above normal temperatures, but closer to average. I'm just worried about one night where, so far, -8 is predicted. The snow is gone off almost all the beds and there are even some leaf buds swelling on some shrubs. Tulips and crocuses will probably be okay but there's so much green out there now and things i'd hate to lose because of a cold snap.

• Ginny McLean_Petite_Garden
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Sorry Marcia. :( Snow and cold we expect up here and Mother Nature usually doesn't disappoint us. The magpies are about the only thing growing around here! They are ravenous these days! As I type, there are 8 of them outside the window at the food dish. Of course I just filled it.......with cat food....their favorite....:) They are busy building nests in the spruce trees already so I suspect it will be a noisy summer if not a sunny one.....:/.

Oh well,back to seed starting :)

Ginny

• mytime
    12 years ago

Maybe spring can begin for us now...the last few days' snow is melting today, and then it can get back to melting the 3 feet or so that we still had before this latest snow. Yesterday we broke the record for "snowiest winter" set back in '54-'55. As far as I'm concerned, this new record can last until my youngest grandchildren are my age! I'm a snow lover, but this was riciculous!

• shazam_z3
    12 years ago

It's raining like mad here, and I'm loving it. It's going to be green this weekend!