Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need help posting from PB

Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 12, 13 at 12:01

I can't figure out this new PB, wish they had never changed. I have the pictures over there but can't get them over here. Marg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need help posting from PB

The browser is different for sure. Uploading shots is simplified but just cutting and pasting directly from the desktop into the browse feature. Though I don't know why the pic disappears on multiple previews. That is annoying.

Marg, until now I hadn't posted anything. Observations are that for bandwidth reasons the new format automatically shrinks everything down to a 640X 480-500ish format. The following test picture is actually 1920X1200.

The benefits are you now can upload directly from your computer without having to resize the picture. The bad news is we won't get any of those extra crisp, extra large orchard shots as everything has been streamlined down into one size. This can be useful for users who max out their allotted pic hosting bandwidth. I'd prefer 800 pixels but I am not the administrator.

o
RE: need help posting from PB

• Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
    Tue, Mar 12, 13 at 16:25

Thanks Collin. I actually did get one to post finally. Marg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here